LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

Re: LIV

Post by Jimbo »

No matter what happens the Canadian Open will get screwed.
It's started already... :wallbash:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

To me, it was screwed when they stopped playing the Royal Montreal Blue course. Even the players said they preferred it.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Foore-and Royal Montreal is still in the Eastern Time Zone & Montreal is a major city...they'll find out what they're missing...and of course Shaughnessy is living on borrowed time...I'm going to be there for the practise rounds of the CPKC (formerly the CP) Women's Open with hopefully enough detailed pics to be able to "Finalize" one of Canada's best courses.
This is a topic that appears in another thread but Canadian golf fans-at least those outside of the GTA-are "leaking"< if you know what I mean! :rant:

BTW, just looking at the rating of Canadian golf courses-Glen Abbey checks in at Number 73 In Canada and only 34 in Ontario...

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf- ... ada?page=9
It's part of Golf Digest's ranking of the world's best.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/worlds ... lf-courses

I always believed that since the US and Canadian Opens are usually a week apart, something in the same time zone would be nice.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

The major change occurred once Bell took over. How I despise that company, and not because of the golf venues.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

If you believe the media (as opposed to Golf Canada :scared: ) ratings don't make it worth their while to move it out of Toronto (I guess that includes Montreal and Ottawa-the LPGA and Legends can have those places).
In all probability this will be the last pro tour event held in Vancouver (the Seniors were in Victoria a few years ago). I wonder what TSN's numbers will look like...

The good news is that CPKC has extended their sponsorship for 4 more years.
Next year's host will be Earl Grey Club in Calgary...wow they're moving from Pacific time to Mountain Time....

The Senior Tour has been MIA for this year...and will be next year too.

Next year's Canadian Open returns to Hamilton, starting at the end of May-that once would have meant a laugh...not so much anymore...

Given its new place in the schedule unless the PGA makes it a Signature Event in the future...as if...
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 5:56 am
The Champions Tour (Seniors) was just in Calgary this past week.at Canyon Meadows.
No matter where you go, there you are.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

So Brooks Koepka is a captain's pick for the US Ryder Cup team. That must have taken some spine. I notice pgatour.com still avoids mentioning LIV like Superman avoids kryptonite. The Euros haven't finalized their 12-man roster yet, so that list isn't available.

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/la ... man-roster
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

The 12-man Euro team has been announced, and there is no LIV player on it. That pretty much confirms my suspicion that politics played a major part in ensuring exactly one LIV player made the Ryder Cup, to have us all believe "there is no ill feeling". Strange how there has been zero news so far on how this supposed merger is progressing...
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Here's a book, recently released: "LIV and Let Die: The Inside Story of the War Between the PGA Tour and LIV Golf" by Alan Shipnuck. Should be interesting..
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

GoBucks wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 1:27 pm
Jimbo wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 5:56 am
The Champions Tour (Seniors) was just in Calgary this past week.at Canyon Meadows.
My bad-this year the Seniors are coming to (wait for it) Ontario, although technically not part of the RCGA's "Canada". They'll
be plating in Port Elgin (The Saugeen) on the shores of Lake Huron near the Bruce Peninsula (the part of Ontario that separates from Lake Huron from Georgian Bay).
By the way, Canadians should lobby the government to change "Georgian Bay" into "Lake Georgeh" (so as not co confuse it with Lake George)-if the US can have a Great Lake for themselves then so can we! :thumbup: