LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Duck Hook

Re: LIV

Post by Duck Hook »

Thanks so much to LIV for bringing it down under.
All the LIV haters can kiss my backside :smile: :smile:
Chase Koepka getting the hole in one on the watering hole was epic
Hopefully this means less events in the US in 2024 and more around the world. A second event in Oz, plus South Africa, Korea and South America
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I couldn't watch this, but it seems to have turned out well. I don't know much about Gooch except he just won $4M, which is about the amount he'd earn as the winner in three PGA events. I hope LIV is taking note of this, and maybe focus on playing more events in Australia; play where you're appreciated, and build outward from there. The critics will dump on that 12th hole, and entirely forget about Scottsdale 16th.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Here's the headline from my website (spoiler alert!) :naughty:

Golfweek
Dustin Johnson's 4 Aces win LIV Golf Adelaide, Talor Gooch claims first individual title.

I almost had a heart attack! :fear:

BTW for you lacrosse fans, Dustin is co-owner (along with Steve Nash and Wayne something :laugh: ) of the new Las Vegas Desert Dogs of the National Lacrosse League. They didn't do badly for an expansion team. I'm saying this because their coach and GM is Shawn Williams-I used to manage a team that featured his father (as our resident tough guy) in Scarborough (Scarborough is to Toronto what Brooklin is to New York!)
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duck Hook wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 11:48 am Thanks so much to LIV for bringing it down under.
I wonder if there's similar interest in New Zealand. I looked at Christchurch (pop'n 380,000) and Auckland (1.6M) and there are at least 30 golf courses there, about 15-16 in each city. And I see there are plenty of PGA pros from NZ. I see there's a PGA NZ Open coming up (Mar 24, 2024), so there are courses good enough to host pro tournaments.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Some of the more recent courses to open in NZ are some of the most stunning golf courses in the world. Cape Kidnappers, Kaurie Cliffs, Jack's Point, Kinloch and of course my personal favourite Tara Iti, to name a few. The topography and locations would go against most of them ever hosting a large tournament though I would guess.
Not sure what is available in the larger metro areas.
We were lucky here, it was shown live on TV on one of our free to air networks. I am not a big fan of the shotgun starts, makes for a difficult broadcast with so much going on, but I can live with it. The crowds were amazing, very supportive and thankful for all the golfers, everyone was cheered.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

LIV is playing the Sentosa Golf Club, Singapore this week. Looks pretty good from above, water a factor on at least 9 holes. I'm going to see if I can find free streaming on my Android phone that I use about twice a year (same UTC +8 time zone as me, so easier to be awake for it). The Google Earth coords are 1 14 40 103 50 if you want to look at it top-down.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Looks outstanding.
I see it was named Asia's best golf course in 2022.
They are expecting similar crowds to what was seen at Adelaide last weekend, that remains to be seen.
If it is as hugely popular surely LIV must realise their future lies primarily outside the US
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

The LIV tournament in Singapore can be watched live, for free, at livgolfplus.com/. You need to sign up, but no payment required. Uncheck 'receive emails' if you don't want to get those. Singapore is on GMT/UTC +8 time.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

FOOOOORE! wrote: April 29th, 2023, 2:06 am The LIV tournament in Singapore can be watched live, for free, at livgolfplus.com/. You need to sign up, but no payment required. Uncheck 'receive emails' if you don't want to get those. Singapore is on GMT/UTC +8 time.
The next broadcast is Tulsa, May 12-14, and I see a clicker down below for $2.99US to pay-for-view. But we'll see if that changes by next week. I liked the previous broadcast (Feherty included), but I wish there was a way to hide that status-update bar on the left side, I find it distracting. They need to work on some of the commentators, there's way too much low-volume mumbling, especially some UK guy and a woman. To be positive, the play-by-play looks nice and sharp on a PC monitor.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I can stream all tournaments for free through seven+ here in Australia. Is Liv golf + not available to you for this tournament?