LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Kunkleman

Re: LIV

Post by Kunkleman »

FOOOOORE! wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 1:54 am Here's a book, recently released: "LIV and Let Die: The Inside Story of the War Between the PGA Tour and LIV Golf" by Alan Shipnuck. Should be interesting..
Neat trick-----start some crap and then try to make a buck off of it! Not here!
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Whatever...
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

There's a lot of garbage going on in Golf, and the PGA tries to keep it all carefully hidden (much as NHL's site does, overseen by lawyer-on-steroids Gary Bettman). It's always "nothing to see here, folks". The OWGR ranking system needs to be completely overhauled, or the PGA-LIV "merger" will be irrelevant; it would be a merger with a cancerous tumor.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

John Rhom leaves for LIV, gets his own Team (so apparently will grab 3 other PGA players). I have Golf Channel. Does it show LIV? I don't know anything about it. Is it even watchable?
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Whoops, sorry didn't get the joke: searched for LIV and ended up here, not realizing it was posted in the 19th Hole, and I quote:
19th "Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics."
So that settles it then. It's not golf ... what a relief! :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Two words: Jon Rahm!
Who woulda thought? Now you seriously have to wonder who's next. Meanwhile we're hearing absolutely nothing about this merger. Maybe Rahm leaving the PGA will speed things up.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

And now Rory has come out and said that Ryder Cup qualification rules need to be changed so Rahm can play at Bethpage in 2025....
Honestly, you can't make this shit up.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Saudi oil money is making a laughing stock of professional golf. Rahm is a hypocrite and Norman is a turncoat. Both can take their money and run. They will never regain self-respect. Even McIlroy has sold out to the devil. Sad for pro golf and it's legacy. :rant:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I agree with all that you said, Kunk, except Rory. I think he signed up for extra duties, but when he thought about it he decided he didn't want to do it. I say, let the Saudis do what they want - they're bleeding us dry for oil, right? We still have all the US PGA Tour intact. Let's just keep it along with all it's traditions and let the other guys go scru themselves.

Pete