DESIGNERS BE HONEST

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

DESIGNERS BE HONEST

Post by Jimbo »

If you visit the club website to get yardages or see flyovrts...
...do you take a peek at the restaurant menu? :laugh:
Danny D

Re: DESIGNERS BE HONEST

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: February 13th, 2022, 5:41 am If you visit the club website to get yardages or see flyovrts...
...do you take a peek at the restaurant menu? :laugh:
No.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Seldom......................
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Not only do I not look at the menu, eating in general is the furthest thing from my mind when visiting the web site or when visiting the course IRL. Most courses aren't known for their fine dining - they're more known for hot dogs that have been in the hot dog cooking machine since 10 am, along with stale buns and overcooked chili. I prefer to bring a pack of crackers and eat those. :dunno:

Pete
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Here in Canada some courses that cater to both members and the public, also support themselves with a large dining area and bar, have a Chef and also several meeting rooms, in order to cater to the general public, as well as weddings and business events. For good golfing and dining, In Victoria B.C. I recommend Olympic View and Bear Mountain and in my neck of the woods (Northumberland County Ontario) Baxter Creek. :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Bear Mountain is a pretty fancy place...just don't try to "walk" the mountain course! My wife and I had dinner at the Masters Lounge and were slightly underwhelmed considering the price.

The 3 Niklaus courses in BC are on my "to do" list.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: February 13th, 2022, 12:18 pm Not only do I not look at the menu, eating in general is the furthest thing from my mind when visiting the web site or when visiting the course IRL. Most courses aren't known for their fine dining - they're more known for hot dogs that have been in the hot dog cooking machine since 10 am, along with stale buns and overcooked chili. I prefer to bring a pack of crackers and eat those. :dunno:

Pete
Sounds like a couple of the poorly run municipals around here. The course conditions are only slightly better.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I mist say I'm a little surprised... :oops:
Oh well-please carry on with your work
...and Brooksie-you have a private message! :clapping:
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Jimbo: I "mist" the fact that you "mist" the opportunity to tell us what you were "a little surprised" by.
Darn! I "mist" the program I wanted to watch, while I was typing this reply. I "mist" pay greater attention to this in the future. :sad: :wallbash: :surrender:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Cap-I just to take a look around the whole course when I'm doing my nit-picking. You're right-there are a lot of municipal courses that have "grab and go" foodstops but we're dealing with some pretty fancy country clubs here.
Anyway, like I said I was a little surprised-and I'm sure that the executive chefs will be saddened. :fear: