Silvertip

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ChuckH

Silvertip

Post by ChuckH »

Very nice to see this course in Links. Thanks for doing this one, John. Great panorama, trees, textures and rendition. Only played one round so far but there's a mistake on hole 12. From the tee on hole 12, there is a ripple in the rough right by the tee boxes on the right.
brooks2345

Re: Silvertip

Post by brooks2345 »

Cheers will alter it on final

Thanks

John Brooks :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Great to see another Canadian course...especially one designed by Les Furber (the latter-day Stanley Thompson).
Please give this Canuck a few days to nitpick (I have a feeling that there won't be much to nitpick!)😉

Speaking of Canmore, Alberta (home of the Silvertip Resort) the Australian Olympic mixed doubles curling team trained there under the supervision of their coach and Canmore resident (and Canadian Olympic mixed doubles curler) John Morris at the Canmore Golf & Country Club (literally just across the Trans Canada Highway from Silvertip).
We now have three Alberta courses (Banff, Kananaskis Country and Silvertip) all within driving distance of Calgary. I am, to say the least, a happy camper.
BTW for those who think that we're only a land of ice and snow, on Vancouver Island they golf all year. The Victoria Golf Club is right at the tip of the island and offers a great view of the Olympic Mountains in Washington across the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

This morning (tonight in China) Australia showed John Morris and his teammate Rachel Holman what a great coach he was by defeating Canada for the first time ever! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
There's more than golf! (That's John Morris in the middle).
Attachments
Canmore Olympians.jpg
Canmore Olympians.jpg (124.16 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

John, I hit my ball over the 9th green and into water. Except there is no water as you can see. Character even said I was in hazzard. Here's a screen:
Silvertip9.jpg
Silvertip9.jpg (233.98 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

They have some nice hole previews on the website:
Silvertip 1.jpg
Silvertip 1.jpg (454.14 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Thanks for emails - can't see what the problem is on 9th - there's no water at the back of the green, but some down the 10th - there is, however, a car park behind the 9th green. Will investigate!

Cheers

John Brooks :unsure:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi John-I've just finished nitpicking the front nine and the only water near the clubhouse :clapping: :clapping: is on 10.
I'mm PM you when I'm done-mostly just small stuff (hence the use of the word "nitpick") :whistle:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

ChuckH wrote: February 7th, 2022, 2:50 am John, I hit my ball over the 9th green and into water. Except there is no water as you can see. Character even said I was in hazzard. Here's a screen:
Silvertip9.jpg
Hi Payne-from the location of your shot it looks like you've overshot the green and are looking back. I put my ball in the same spot and it said "fairway". Its it possible that you really shanked your approach shot? The water is off to the right-it's a pretty fair distance from the green but it's reachable depending on how hard you hit the ball.
The water should be further away from the 9th hole since it's an integral part of the 10th.
Last edited by Jimbo on February 10th, 2022, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

John-I'm just reviewing my nit-pick before I send you a PM. There's only one really major issue and that's the position of the clubhouse. I've gone hole-by-hole and have simply made some comments on each one.
Those mountains sure are majestic aren't they!? :clapping:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Mr. Brooks-you have mail... :thumbup: