LSPN.net for FREE

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
pmgolf

Re: LSPN.net for FREE

Post by pmgolf »

On the MENU line, you will use some items more than the others - "Current Events", "Leagues" and "Community". "Current events" lists all the Tournaments, "Leagues" lists all the available Leagues and what they're about, and "Community" is the Forum.
s_512118.jpg
s_512118.jpg (127.39 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
Click on CURRENT EVENTS: Look in the area for Current Events - Click on "+EVENT LIST OPTIONS" . Choose the ones that apply to you. Here is what I chose:
s_512120.jpg
s_512120.jpg (58.94 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
A. Once you have chosen them, every time you go into Currrent Events they will control what you see. Each tournament displayed shows the courses and conditions applicable. Click on the Tournament name and you will see who has played, how many rounds they played and their score. (ie. the tournament LEADERBOARD)

B. In order to compete in an event you have start the game. You cannot play by clicking anything on the web site. To play, start Links then click on "Online", then on the "Links Tour" and sign in using the username and password you used to register on the web site.

C. **** Important!! **** If you don't see the Leagues you have joined in the Links game, you MUST go back to the WEB site, Current Events Section, into "Current Events Options" list and click on "My Leagues" in the "Show Events From" section!!

D. After connecting, you will see an area where Tournaments are listed. Set "Skill Level", "Format" and "Swing Type", (I use "Any"), and you will get the List. You can get the "Conditions" of the first round, but the round conditions after that one don't work for me. With "Game settings", you choose "Multiplayer" or "Single Player", "Play Online" (display of current leaderboard between holes) or "Play Offline" (no leaderboard between holes). And lastly "Begin Play" will take you into the game. You can record your round to save it, but I don't know if you can play along beside another recorded round.

LEAGUES: Here you will find info on the Leagues (Tours like the KISS "Diehard" Tour, for example) What each League features, whether they use 2001 courses (mostly non-challenging conditions), 2003 courses (mostly challenging conditions) or a combination of both of them. Click on the League and you will see a description of what they are about, upcoming events and people that play there. To become a part of that Tour, you either need to APPLY or JOIN. If you APPLY, the appropriate Tour Director will need to give you permission to join. You will need to join the League in order to see all the Tournament events in that League.

**** Important!! **** Once you are accepted into your first League, you MUST go into the above "Current Events Options" list and in the "Show Events From" section, click on "My Leagues"!!

Leagues with Handicap Tournaments: you will need to play 12 rounds to establish your handicap. The Tour Director will set these up.

Community: The Forum area. Same as what you find everywhere. Some nice guys, some wise guys, some not-so-nice guys. Find help here. One special note: When you join a Tour, it gives you access to that Tour's Forum (it doesn't appear for you if you're not a member of that Tour.)

If there are any more questions, post them and you'll get an answer. [NOTE:] There is a glitch that you need to watch out for. You may have to click on "Community" before going into "Leagues" or other pages on the Menu line. I think the site kind of forgets who you are, and clicking on "Community" first clears that up.

Pete
Lord Hearteater

Post by Lord Hearteater »

While I am sure that the above post contains information that some may find helpful, I have already done what it advises, and still see no other events than the free ones. Shouldn't I be seeing CLSA and PLSA? How can I participate, if such events remain invisible, in-game. Everyone who has tried to provide advice, both here and the LSPN forum does not seem to be paying attention to the fact that I have already checked the proper options.

This appears to be the death of online play, to me.
ACES: far too many to list
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

World Tour Events (or other League events) not showing in Links2003?

If you don't see the Leagues you have joined in the Links game, you MUST go back to the WEB site, "Current Events" Section, into "+Current Events Options" list and click on "My Leagues" in the "Show Events From" section!! Then you will see the World Tour or other League events listed in the Links Online list.

Also, in Links, the Online List of tournaments must have "Skill Level" set to "ANY". The WRLD scratch tournaments have a blank there since all Skill Levels play together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Up Handicaps:

12 Rounds are needed to establish a handicap. On the World Tour, there are 3 scratch Tournaments. The first one is called "SetUp Hdcp 1", the 2nd is "SetUp Hdcp 2", and the 3rd is "SetUp Hdcp 3". As soon as you finish them, you can play in the Handicap Tournament.

All World Tour players are welcome to play in the SetUp Handicap Tournaments.

** IMPORTANT NOTE: In Links, the Online List of tournaments must have "Skill Level" set to "ANY". The WRLD scratch tournaments have a blank there since all Skill Levels play together.

Good luck to all!

Pete

Pete
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Lord Hearteater wrote: September 28th, 2019, 4:59 pm While I am sure that the above post contains information that some may find helpful, I have already done what it advises, and still see no other events than the free ones. Shouldn't I be seeing CLSA and PLSA? How can I participate, if such events remain invisible, in-game. Everyone who has tried to provide advice, both here and the LSPN forum does not seem to be paying attention to the fact that I have already checked the proper options.

This appears to be the death of online play, to me.
Perhaps your name needs to be added to some USER table. I will pass the fact along that you are waiting for your membership to be activated.

Pete

** Update ** Glad to hear that your membership is working now, LordH-E!
Bassmaster

Post by Bassmaster »

Mark just made a post with the directions for all the new players joining LSPN.
Rick :cheers1: