Informal Age Poll

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
OllieW

Re: Informal Age Poll

Post by OllieW »

33, playing for about 20 years on and off back in the days of the MS Gaming Zone (those were glorious times).
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

pmgolf wrote: July 18th, 2023, 7:31 pm
Slash02 wrote: July 18th, 2023, 7:57 am Age 66, playing real golf with a 6 handicap after shoulder surgery, etc., etc.

I'm Dr Lomax from CSN and Links386 days (1994-6 or so)
I seem to remember you. I played back then. Did you play in the Access Software leagues? I was in the "Divots" Club, and then made it to the Pro Tour. We sent our round info in via 9800 baud modems at first. I was pmgolf back then, too. Was your first name Dave?

Pete
Hi Pete, you sent this to the wrong guy (me).
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I didn't mean to, Foooore, and "hi" by the way. I was just responding to his post. :smile:

Pete
Old Duffer

Post by Old Duffer »

\
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

BTW-define "goat"...
Slash02

Post by Slash02 »

Hello pmgolf and others.

Yes Dave Lommen here. Nicks included Slash and Big Lefty (Case's ladder) besides Dr Lomax. I was in the Aces club then pro tour, then Beat the Pro. I have a tattered notebook . . . results from 1994 to about 2001, not everything of course. Two plaques remain from about 50, the Harbor Town Trial (4-5 to 4-11-1994) and the Bay Hill National (8-5 to 8-15-1994) up on my wall! The rest were lost in a flood . . . :rant:

There was a Links386 hall of fame thing on the net for awhile wish I had copied info from that . . . I'll look through my old stuff from time to time, even sent John Eastwood copies of some of it a few years ago. He ran a tour or two and still plays, if you want a game. I myself liked LS98 and still play now and then on a VM.

Trivia: my notebook says after CSN II we started "beat the pro" (me) with -76 vs Caddies. The following week I see scores for members of the Divots and Wedges to beat. Devil's Island 66 63 67 62 -26 vs Divots, and 58 65 57 64 -40 vs. Wedges.

Just some info for those interested.

Dr Lomax
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Slash02 wrote: July 27th, 2023, 8:24 am Hello pmgolf and others.

Yes Dave Lommen here. Nicks included Slash and Big Lefty (Case's ladder) besides Dr Lomax. I was in the Aces club then pro tour, then Beat the Pro. I have a tattered notebook . . . results from 1994 to about 2001, not everything of course. Two plaques remain from about 50, the Harbor Town Trial (4-5 to 4-11-1994) and the Bay Hill National (8-5 to 8-15-1994) up on my wall! The rest were lost in a flood . . . :rant:

There was a Links386 hall of fame thing on the net for awhile wish I had copied info from that . . . I'll look through my old stuff from time to time, even sent John Eastwood copies of some of it a few years ago. He ran a tour or two and still plays, if you want a game. I myself liked LS98 and still play now and then on a VM.

Trivia: my notebook says after CSN II we started "beat the pro" (me) with -76 vs Caddies. The following week I see scores for members of the Divots and Wedges to beat. Devil's Island 66 63 67 62 -26 vs Divots, and 58 65 57 64 -40 vs. Wedges.

Just some info for those interested.

Dr Lomax
Great memories, Dave! I only won 1 tournament back then (and got a trophy). It was at Barton Creek. I got hot that week and I remember one of my rounds included a 52, but I played every week on my trusty 486! I loved playing that tour! Unfortunately, I lost that dear trophy and associated paperwork over the years.

Now I play RTS - Pro and run a Tour on LSPN.net called "The World Tour" using the 1.07 version of Links - (Challenging conditions). I ran the European Tour at APCD-Courses.com for several years until it closed down. I never have gotten into the head-to-head competitions. Planning shots - playing shots - and commenting was more than I could handle. I did enjoy playing a guy head-to-head online - me in Richmond, VA, and him in Melbourne, Australia - a 14 hour time difference. (We tied)

I'm really happy to see you posting here! Drop by LSPN.net if you get a chance!

Pete
Old Duffer

Post by Old Duffer »

pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Not bad, Duffer, but not the oldest!

Pete
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »