Claymore Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Claymore Golf Club

Post by Weeler »

John, I have no idea how many downloads there have been of this course, but I just wanted to mention that I really enjoy this fairly short,
Fall- themed layout. Had it not been for the screenshots that you included on this one, I could've overlooked it. ( providing screenshots on your many designs is one of the things BTW, that I wish you'd get back into doing again ).

I just wanted to note that you did a very nice job with plantings, color palette, both the fairway and green undulations ( although hole 18 is loaded with traps and the green is diabolical ! ). I don't know a lot about the countryside in all of the UK, but I'd place the course near Cheltenham, England, rather than Ben's choice of Scotland.

I thinks it's a nice addition to the Links library.....I've got several of your other courses as well. Thanks for doing SO many real courses, and providing a brief history on all of them as well.
brooks2345

Re: Claymore Golf Club

Post by brooks2345 »

Thanks Ron - I must have done this Course ages ago - this was probably an old Links design before the advent of seam blending. All I did was to download the old APCD file, open it, re-name it (I used to have a place in a Claymore Street), save it as an APCD 2003 file, blend all the seams, re-plant it completely, et voila!. Where it is, God only knows!

Cheers

John Brooks :smile:
Weeler

Re: Claymore Golf Club

Post by Weeler »

John......I sent you another PM.