WESTWARD HO

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

WESTWARD HO

Post by Jimbo »

Mr. B

At first I thought that you'd paid a visit "Down Under" to do the course in Adelaide...but you were doing peoples' tax returns. soooo...

I just visited the club website-they even have a live camera there-looks like snow! You've done a great job on the clubhouse! :cheers1:
I also saw an article ratingi Royal North Devon as the top course never to stage the Open...mainly the distance from Londonor maybe the lack of any "serious" elevations?

https://www.planetgolf.com/news/plans-t ... by-council
Last edited by Jimbo on February 2nd, 2021, 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jimbo

Re: WESTWARD HO

Post by Jimbo »

Just played a very enjoyable round! It captures the isolation of a true links course. There' doesn't appear to be much nit to pick (certainly not elevations! :whistle: ) but this may be your best course yet...including Prestwick! :thumbup:
OK maybe not as good as Sunningdale but damn close! :laugh:
Your clubhouse is certainly as good as the ones for Prestwick & Sunningdale!
Even though they've already had to re-build the 7th, 8th and 9th holes it still looks extremely vulnerable to the elements!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm surprised that nobody else has commented yet. This is a fantastic course...I haven't nit picked it but Mr. B has done a fantastic job of capturing one of England's finest...it's the oldest course south of the Scottish border and the highest-rated club not to host the Open.
And he captured the clubhouse too!👍
Guys you have to download it-that's an order!
mickydavies

Re: WESTWARD HO!

Post by mickydavies »

Really enjoyed playing around this lovely old course. I walked around there as a boy 60 years ago - though we didn't play it! I remember it being very open to the elements and you have captured that very well in my opinion. Thank you very much.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Mr Brooks,
;)

When you release the final of this, can you call it either

A. Royal North Devon
or
B. Royal North Devon: Westward Ho!
or
C. Westerward Ho!: Royal North Devon

otherwise i'll never remember it's not some fictional course in Oregon or something when i'm looking at the course list in the future :D :D :D

-Doug
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Doug-there's also a Westward Ho in Australia. This course is part of an English mini-tour of links courses on the west coast.
There's a link on the club website-the other courses also have fantastic websites...
...and beautiful clubhouses...😉
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Jimbo wrote: February 5th, 2021, 5:50 pm Doug-there's also a Westward Ho in Australia. This course is part of an English mini-tour of links courses on the west coast.
There's a link on the club website-the other courses also have fantastic websites...
...and beautiful clubhouses...😉
The more reason to include the North Devon name in the course title :D

I love great clubhouses as well!