PRESTWICK

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

PRESTWICK

Post by Jimbo »

Mr. B strikes again!
And I have a new nit to pick! :clapping:
I may never get to play a regular round again...but under the circumstances I'm not complaining! :naughty:
Duglis

Re: PRESTWICK

Post by Duglis »

How do you mean? I'm not following you :fear: :surrender:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm spending so much fun playing practice rounds on BETA courses and doing crazy things like hitting ball into the clubhouse swimming pools (and other crazy stuff) that my regular game may never recover-not that I'm complaining!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Steel grass, some fairways look very narrow against Strokesaver guide, notably the par 5 12th but a nice rendition of this famous old course
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It's located on Links Road (there's a message there!) and it's close to our ancestral castle at Stranrear...that's worth something...and there are lots of pictures of the clubhouse! :clapping:
As you have guessed my majot area of concentration is aesthetics-I'm still overwhelmed by the tech of APCD so I won't bother you with things like "Steel Grass".

Before I start my nit-is there any chance of putting a train on the tracks?
Just wondering...

PS-here's a picture of the train that goes through Prestwick---just in case...

BTW, which club is older-Prestwick in Scotland or Old Prestwick in England?
Attachments
Train.jpg
Train.jpg (12.94 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

I absolutely loved the course. It felt like playing a really old course - which of course it is! Couple of points though. I found the 6th and 12th pretty much impossible to putt on and ended up holing chips to get past them. Are the greens really that steep in real life? And on the 9th, I pushed my drive into the rough and there's a big straight edge there - it looked like one of my fairway edges - I am still struggling with the APCD... But as I said earlier, it was a pleasure playing the course. Thank you very much! I always enjoy your courses.
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Ok will alter the green slopes on the final. Bear in mind it's the Scottish West Coast Branch Line - you don't get express trains along here! And I'll recheck the grass settings.

Cheers and thanks for kind comments

John Brooks :thumbup:
Pete

Post by Pete »

:clapping: :clapping: :thumbup:
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

Don't do it just for me!!! I can change my game settings if necessary. Anyway. Thanks again.
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

prestwick home of the open founded 1851