Peachtree Golf Club Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: Peachtree Golf Club Beta

Post by Jimbo »

THE NIT PICKER IS COMING... :fear:
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Ian, your Links "beta" rendition looks great from the photos you posted and I will be anxious to download the final version of the course! At first glance, it definitely reminded me of Augusta National and that is never a bad thing. :clapping:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Odd reflections
Attachments
screen0008.jpg
screen0008.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3381 times
Pete

Post by Pete »

That's all i could find wrong on some of the pond reflections, super rendition of a lovely course
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Pete,
Thanks for your comments.
I do not know why this reflection problem happens with some lakes or streams and not with others. I will make a post on the Design forum askingfor help.
Thanks again.
Ian
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I checked the public beta out, seems like it will be a great course :thumbup: Observations:

-The 2D grasses by the ditches, for example on hole 3, seem to give steel bounces.
-There is texture property of Green, in the sand in bunker edges, possibly in a sand-soil blend.
-The view to the right of the 12th green looked pretty odd, with the elevations of the asphalt (carpark maybe?).
-Im not sure if the pins are finalized or not, they look deliberate but in some places I think they miss out on a lot of potential for making the course a lot more enjoyable with challenging conditions, in particular on holes 2 and 5, but also somewhat on 3 and 11. Pins looked a little one-dimensional here and there elsewhere too but Im not calling anything unacceptable and I know the amount of time that can go into it. I recommend using the BLI for quickly checking things out instead of test-putting.

Some minor observations/thoughts:
-About 16th Junior and Ladies tees, you could assign them to Front tee instead if you wanted, which might be less of a shock than playing from those tees than suddenly being at Back tees, if they missed your warning about it. Its done in Course Properties > Hole Info > Add ratings to Tee.
-Elevations here and there around green edges seem kind of sharp/bumpy to me, like with Wade Hampton after the green changes, usually nothing big enough to complain about but to me it does leave things with a bit of an uncanny feeling, perhaps the real course is like that too - I dont know. A couple examples that particularly caught my eye were one fringe spot short-right of 14th green and one spot on the near edge of 11th green.
-All tees were green in colour, is this as intended?
-I wasnt too sure if I was imagining it or not, but the bunkers struck me as kind of shallow, perhaps they are like that in real life too though.

Dont take my comments to suggest that I dont like the course, I very much look forward to the final. I was curious what method you used for the mowlines around the greens, are they different textures per colour (where they circle the greens anyway)?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Adelade,
Thanks for your observations.
I will review all comments, and respond, after I have finished the FINAL release of Wade Hampton.
Thanks again.
Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Ian-I'll be sending a "Nit Picker " package either tonight or more likely late tomorrow (Pacific Time).
I'll have a few "tee" issues as well. One thing that I've noticed is that there are a couple of holes where the pins (all 18-thanks for using them all!😉) appear to be "clustered" on one side of the green or the other.

Considering that the club doesn't have a public website you have done ahelluvajob!👍👍

Anyway I can't send the files via the private message feature here. If you send your e-mail address to:

Jimbosrecordandbeer@hotmail.com

I'll be able to send you everything. 😁
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Adelade,
The mow lines around the greens are different textures, along with all the seam blends, hence the 2400 mappings and how long it has taken me. It was the only way I could think of to make it look as it is on the real course. (If anybody has an easy way please don't tell me, at least not until I issue the final.)
Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It's flying through the interweb as I type this. :smile: