Changing a pro ani golfer

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
bnicarlson

Changing a pro ani golfer

Post by bnicarlson »

I know I can change a golfer's skills. One of the options there is to make the skills permanent. If I did this, and found it wasn't what I wanted, could I uncheck something that would allow me to change it again?
Adelade

Re: Changing a pro ani golfer

Post by Adelade »

Not sure, probably not? But I wonder - do you have any reason to make them permanent?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

Once you make them permanent, they are. :smile:

Of course you don't ever have to check the "make settings permanent" box. The AI players will still play fine and you will always be able t adjust settings. That is the method I use.

Also when creating AI golfers I do lot of testing until I get them scoring in the range I'd like. It takes some back and forth but it works.
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

One reason for making the settings permanent would be if you were creating and sharing AI Golfers for a Tournament, and you didn't want anyone else editing them.
billw

Post by billw »

BruMu,
Look under Misc Add-On Downloads, Links Computer Players. You will find a download for a spreadsheet I created years ago to create ratings for a computer pro using their stats for a given year. Maybe it will be useful to you.
billw
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

billw wrote: November 15th, 2020, 3:08 pm BruMu,
Look under Misc Add-On Downloads, Links Computer Players. You will find a download for a spreadsheet I created years ago to create ratings for a computer pro using their stats for a given year. Maybe it will be useful to you.
billw
Bill - I have it (got when you 1st released it :smile: ) and always use it as my starting point when creating Pro Ani's. It has come in very handy over the years, thank you for creating and sharing.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: