Tim Templeman

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Jimbo

Tim Templeman

Post by Jimbo »

As you may recall, I have lamented the lack of Canadian content among the courses...I've posted it elsewhere but you've made me one happy Canuck...
...and that brings me to the point of this post-there are two courses that I inadvertently overlooked during my semi-rant-Kananaskis Country (the Mount Kidd course) and The Links at Crowbush Cove.
Kananaskis Country is located less than 100 miles from Banff and is like Banff on steroids.
Crowbush Cove is on Prince Edward Island...not far from Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links.

Anyway, both courses were submitted back in 2001 (believe it or not-they've aged very well) and are brilliantly reproduced for Links by Tim Templeman. They're the only two courses that he contributed-I don't see his name on the members' list and was wondering...you know... :fear: :sad:
ChuckH

Re: Tim Templeman

Post by ChuckH »

Thanks for pointing this course out. I've been to Banff a few times. I've visited the course at Banff but I've not played it. It cost $250.00 at the time I visited. I've always liked the course in Links. As for Kananaskis, I think the course is quite good and a good complement to Banff. One thing I noticed, the panorama looks better in Links 2001 than it does in Links 2003. In Links 2003, the panorama gets cut off at the top whereas it look more natural in Links 2001. It could use a Links 2003 update with textures, etc but otherwise plays good.