Re-Make of Latrobe Country Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Re-Make of Latrobe Country Club

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Since it is now fall, I thought it would be cool if someone in the Links Community would be interested in creating a re-make of Arnold Palmer's home course in Pennsylvania; Latrobe Country Club. Access Software produced this course several years ago in the early days of Links and I always really liked the "fall" version of the course as the company also had a summer version at the time. There are so many great golf course designers in the Links community and I wondered if any have thought about bringing the Latrobe County Club "up to par." :smile:
dorse72

Re: Re-Make of Latrobe Country Club

Post by dorse72 »

I LOVED that golf course, brings back memories when I first started playing Links. Reminded me of some courses I played in Iowa growing up that were really hilly like Waveland (old Des Moines muni) and Veenker Memorial (ISU course)
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Dorse72,

I am glad that you appreciated the Latrobe Country Club as much as I in the early days of Links and another course with a fall theme that would be great if given a make-over is Autumn Valley in 2001 by Wayne Hewitt. :clapping:
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Give it a try! we need more designers, plenty of tutorials to get started. :thumbup:
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Yes, I have thought about trying to design a Links course in the past, but it seems like I just don't think about it or I am too busy with other obligations. Maybe over the winter I will give it a try! :thumbup:
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

I Loved that golf course, remake please/
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.