Saddle Mountain

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
BruMu

Saddle Mountain

Post by BruMu »

Sage: Just want to say what a great course this is. All your courses are, but this one is a little different than most and very entertaining to play.

Forget about grip it n rip it on this course. There's a few holes you can do that, but for the most part you really need to think about your shot, and where to place it off the tee. Some short dogleg par 4's that can lead to disaster if you're not selective about where you try to land. Absolutely enjoy that in a course, it's a very nice change from bombing your drives off the tee.

Thanks very much for all your courses, this one gets an extra :thumbup: from me.

Cheers
Bruce
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
sagevanni

Re: Saddle Mountain

Post by sagevanni »

Thank you VERY much Bruce..!!!!

Sage.... :smile: :smile: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

BruMu wrote: September 16th, 2020, 12:35 pm Sage: Just want to say what a great course this is. All your courses are, but this one is a little different than most and very entertaining to play.
I haven't played an entire round yet but from what I've seen thus far, I'll get to practice my draw on nearly every hole to have any hope of staying in the fairway. I'm starting to realize that each course Sage does has a theme running through it. This one has the short doglegs left, another has a chute of trees you need to drive through on most holes, another course might require a 3-wood off the tee on many par-4's so as not to overshoot the 260-yard fairway, and yet another course has a lot of multi-tiered greens. Most of them present a unique challenge in that you're forced to play differently than you're used to playing, forced out of your 'comfort zone'.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Which course has a lot of multi-tiered greens? That sounds VERY interesting to me!! :)

-Doug
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duglis wrote: September 17th, 2020, 3:07 am Which course has a lot of multi-tiered greens? That sounds VERY interesting to me!! :)

-Doug
I'll take a look and see if I can find it among the 500 or so courses Sage has done :laugh:

(I must have been thinking of Cliffside Golf Club. Not every green, but quite a few of them.)
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I just played this one all the way through. As expected, my draw and fade got a thorough workout, and you really need to pay attention to how much fairway lies ahead, there often seemed to be less than appeared to be at first glance. Plenty of tall trees right along the edge of the fairway just in case you try to chew off too much of the dogleg. Sometimes it just made more sense to hit 5-wood off the tee. And beware what appear to be drivable par-4's; actually landing on the green turns out to be a 1-in-20 proposition.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Doug, I just noticed Crystal Pines also has quite a few tiered greens, maybe not as brutal as Cliffside.