Terrain Housecleaning...

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
wojo

Terrain Housecleaning...

Post by wojo »

I've made more than a few new terrain materials that I'd like to delete from the list... like the one that uses the giant aerial photo TGA that keeps locking up the system. I'm an AutoCAD user so I'm used to being able to open a Layers Manager where you can delete stuff easily. Is there a file somewhere in the APCD program that I might be able to open in Notepad or some other program to do that... assuming it's not in gibberish? I see there's a User.lib file, but Notepad won't open it.

I'm thinking that if there's no way of deleting terrains using the standard APCD toolbox, that I might reinstall APCD to get it back to the original smaller list of terrains. Anybody know if that would be the only way to accomplish it?

Thanks.
Wojo
AJ Allen

Re: Terrain Housecleaning...

Post by AJ Allen »

Select the texture and then click the "advanced Properties" icon below the list of textures. That gives you the options to create new, clone or delete. Just choose delete and the texture will be removed from the list.