Xfiles - Lost Courses that no one can find .

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
LeWAW

Re: Xfiles - Lost Courses that no one can find .

Post by LeWAW »

Yes Danny, this course was designed by Richard L. Doty
If I have good memory, it was a members private course...
A webpage still exist : https://www.oocities.org/augusta/links/ ... omccsc.htm
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

LeWAW wrote: August 28th, 2020, 7:01 am Yes Danny, this course was designed by Richard L. Doty
If I have good memory, it was a members private course...
A webpage still exist : https://www.oocities.org/augusta/links/ ... omccsc.htm
Thanks LeWAW. I thought that must have been the same course I was thinking of. Rick & I played many rounds on it back when he designed it. We both played champ Powerstroke back then. He's the one who inspired me to try out the APCD for the first time. That was many years ago when we were members of Golfcom.Com. By the time I finished my first project, a practice facility, I came to realize that I would have to wait for retirement before I would have the time to get into serious APCD stuff. I think Golfcom started in 1998 or 99. I used to run a few tourneys for them back then. Good times and great memories. :smile: :whistle:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Still have the article Rick did about playing Powerstroke. My late friend Mick Lenton pointed me to it when I first started playing Powerstroke. Apart from a brief dabble playing RTS for a year ( I didn't find it challenging enough), I've played Powerstroke ever since :whistle:
powerstrokearticlebyrickdoty.pdf
(114.31 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: August 28th, 2020, 11:26 am Still have the article Rick did about playing Powerstroke. My late friend Mick Lenton pointed me to it when I first started playing Powerstroke. Apart from a brief dabble playing RTS for a year ( I didn't find it challenging enough), I've played Powerstroke ever since :whistle:

powerstrokearticlebyrickdoty.pdf
He is right about the things he described about PS. It is not an easy method, and IMO, it's the most rewarding method of play when you play well. You do in fact have to manage your round just like in real life. Back then we used ball mouses. PS is much easier with a ball mouse, compared today's laser mouses. I even invented a way to hook and slice PS shots by holding and swinging the mouse at a certain angle as you swing the club. I wrote up some instructions back then, but have no idea where they would be now. Besides, that method won't work with a laser mouse. Only a ball mouse. You had to make the ball turn in two different directions at the same time. As you swung forward, you also had so be moving slightly to the side to generate side spin for fades and draws. You could get that side spin by slanting your mouse a little. while making a straight-thru swing. I've not been able to replicate that with a laser mouse. :dunno:

Little story here. All of us have that "one most memorable shot" that we have made during our Links career. The one that made us feel better than any other shot we've ever made in the past. Mine was a PS champ shot on a par 5. I had hit my tee shot into a fairway bunker and had about a 25 degree left sloping lie, slightly uphill around 10 degrees, with a medium left-to-right wind, and 210 yards to the hole. The pin was cut near the front of the green, just over a bunker. I pulled out a 3 iron, aimed about 50 feet to the right of the pin, and made one of the purest, most perfect sand shots I've ever hit. Every part of the swing was DEAD ON. It landed about 5 feet short of the pin, took one hop, and stopped 8 inches to the right of the hole for a gimmie eagle. :kicking: Now I know that doesn't sound all that special or exciting to a lot of you, but if you've ever played out of sand with champ powerstroke, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. :smile:

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added