TPC Harding Park

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
viz

TPC Harding Park

Post by viz »

Does anyone know if there is a version of TPC Harding Park available for download; with the PGA this week, I wanted to see if someone has recreated the course and tournament feel?
dick burt

Re: TPC Harding Park

Post by dick burt »

dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

i planned a surprise release but failed, I apologize, just too busy with the family & kids in sports. Im building a Monterey cypress library to plant it as courses in this area just can't be done without the trees, they give the course it's look and feel. My Olympic Club will benefit from these trees also, which is about 50%.

I also realized that Winged Foot would not get finished if i kept doing Harding Park, so I stopped. I started Harding Park around 2012, and just want to get it finished as I hate not finishing my projects.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

How far along are you Eric, I'm at home for another week if you need some help.

Glenn
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I'm surprised that John Brooks hasn't posted here. He created a small file size ( 16.1 mb ) version of this course awhile back. It's number 2422 on the LC listing. Actually , I haven't looked at it yet myself, but it's out there.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

This is kind of a "follow-up" to my last post. I just finished playing a full round on John's version of this course, and I think he did a pretty remarkable job of capturing the look and feel of it. He packed a lot of well chosen trees and other plantings into such a modest download size. It's almost hard to believe. John is usually always "spot on" when it comes to recreating the actually routing, hole distances, elevations, etc. I have NO idea about the
greens or pin placements, but I have a feeling they're close. I, personally, think this is a pretty suitable rendition to use if you choose to"play along" on the upcoming PGA Championship. It is, however, unlocked, and after checking with Mr. Brooks, if someone wanted to have a go at "embellishing" the course a bit.....I guess it could be done. Thanks for getting it on LC, John !!

Weeler
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Good representation of course, although Glenn Braden for sure would make greens have green slopes exactly as they are. Textures look a bit strange especially color of rough and there is no semi-rough as an area in between the rough and fairways. With that there is no fringe between fairways and greens almost looking the same until caddie gives me a chipping club when thought was on green. Par is shown as 73 by John Brooks with holes #6,#9 and #12 being short par 5's that will be played as par 4's in tournament. https://www.pga.com/story/2020-pga-cham ... urse-guide
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

gene_golf wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 9:36 pm Good representation of course, although Glenn Braden for sure would make greens have green slopes exactly as they are.
Thank you for that. :thumbup:

When I recreate a course I do everything I can to bring that course to life. I like to use dems as well as contour green guides and do quite a bit of research on pics and videos to do the job. That is why it may take me some time to put a course out but when I do it's going to be as close as I can get it as long as it's an original, updates to other peoples course can be somewhat more difficult.

I personally have not played John's version but I do have it on my drive, I am pretty sure Eric's version is going to have the strakaline greens so they should be true to the course.

I generally do not comment on other designers releases and will not start here. I know the time and effort that is put into a course and appreciate any person that tackles the APCD. I will play John's version and then make up my mind and keep it to myself. If I like it the course will stay on my drive and if I don't....well that's for me to know

Glenn :cheers1:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

https://www.provisualizer.com/courses/t ... ngpark.php
Try the flyover to get look at what holes look like.
Also has courses for PGA Tour as well as courses nearby to course that looking at and for Harding Park---Olympic is right across lake.
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

viz wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 3:33 pm Does anyone know if there is a version of TPC Harding Park available for download; with the PGA this week, I wanted to see if someone has recreated the course and tournament feel?
as i said in a different topic
"checking the courses section to see if a course has been done is ALWAYS a GOOD idea"