2000 textures for 3D objects

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
LeWAW

Re: 2000 textures for 3D objects

Post by LeWAW »

Never try links extender... Maybe later....
But the most important question is :
If you create a 3D object with APCD , is it possible to convert it in the xyz format ?
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

LeWAW wrote: June 11th, 2020, 8:21 pm Never try links extender... Maybe later....
But the most important question is :
If you create a 3D object with APCD , is it possible to convert it in the xyz format ?
If I understand it correctly, you would have to be able to export your 3D object out of the APCD to be able to convert it. Unfortunately, there is no EXPORT option in the APCD. Only IMPORT. :sad:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

alarduran wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:15 pm (continued)

Follow the pdf instructions to import the 3D object into APCD. The picture of object you see is the .tga file (renamed to .prv) you created:
Image7.jpg
But remember: when you download a 3D model from internet (blender, 3dmax, fbx, obj) you also must get the texture files that mapped the model (and if the texture files aren't .tga's, you have to convert them), otherwise Links Extender don't generate the .xyz and .map files:Image8.jpg
Regards.
Thanks alarduran. That information helps a lot. :notworthy: I'll work on that as soon as I get the chance and see if I can make it work.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added