Winged Foot West

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Winged Foot West

Post by Weeler »

I'm sure it will seem a little "odd" that I'm asking about this, but: I already have a download of Winged Foot West 2006 Tour on my drive, and
have played it several times. The actual file is : WFW2006USOpen_tour_locked.crz Unfortunately, none of the splashscreens show credit for the
design. AND....I have used all the "search queries" available on LC to try to find the course, and have come up empty. I know several of you guys out
there are really "sleuths" at finding files ( gator and others ).....so can anyone locate this course to see who did it ? As well as have it returned to the LC database ? The main reason I'm asking has to do with having it "unlocked" for awhile to facilitate a Winged Foot East / West project I have in mind.

Thanks in advance.............Weeler
gator

Re: Winged Foot West

Post by gator »

From 'K Club 2 pack' thread:
gator wrote: November 19th, 2019, 8:31 pm Since none of these 3 courses were ever P2P/P4P, I don't have an issue posting them here. I'm sure if the Admins do they will either let me know or remove them - or both.

The K Club 2 pack by John Aherne - https://we.tl/t-BTN8KUJNCJ

Winged Foot West 2006 by Ross Mackenzie - https://we.tl/t-NaP6NVNmP6

As always with WeTransfer, the links will expire after 7 days.
The information I have is that it was designed by Ross Mackenzie and released with a file date of 6/11/2006 @ APCD Courses as a beta. Since I already posted a link once, I have no issues posting it again on the off-chance that the Admins want to make it part of the Links Corner collection - https://we.tl/t-uTkrd9gMOb.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

The name I have is Rospen on my list
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Thanks for all the info, guys !
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Not sure if any of you are aware, but dorse is currently working on Winged Foot West. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Thanks, Danny, I was Not aware of that ! That helps a lot !

In addition.......Dorse72, if you read this PLEASE check your PM's.

Thanks a lot,
Ron Weel
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Weeler wrote: May 21st, 2020, 9:36 pm I'm sure it will seem a little "odd" that I'm asking about this, but: I already have a download of Winged Foot West 2006 Tour on my drive, and
have played it several times. The actual file is : WFW2006USOpen_tour_locked.crz Unfortunately, none of the splashscreens show credit for the
design. AND....I have used all the "search queries" available on LC to try to find the course, and have come up empty. I know several of you guys out
there are really "sleuths" at finding files ( gator and others ).....so can anyone locate this course to see who did it ? As well as have it returned to the LC database ? The main reason I'm asking has to do with having it "unlocked" for awhile to facilitate a Winged Foot East / West project I have in mind.

Thanks in advance.............Weeler
Hi Weeler-you're not the only one who has it.
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

I believe I posted awhile back I'm restoring it. I'm on it everyday, lots to do though, complete renovation by Gil Hanse means I'm reshaping all the greens, fwys, bunkers, and tees. Not to mention the clubhouse. Greens have been re-contoured to 2" increments using Strackaline also.