creating textures

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
ponkey

creating textures

Post by ponkey »

Hi all

is there a tutorial on creating textures. I've searched the forum but the search keeps saying that my words are too common.

Many thanks

Peter
ponkey

Re: creating textures

Post by ponkey »

in particular I'd like to adjust the speed and runnability of some existing textures
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I seem to remembre seeing something about it in Lez's videos. Look at the stickies in the Developers forum.

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

ponkey wrote: April 29th, 2020, 4:27 pm in particular I'd like to adjust the speed and runnability of some existing textures
This is something you can do with this tool https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxjdqcmow8g3k ... l.zip?dl=0

When it's installed in a new version of APCD, if you click on the Terrain Tab, then Texture Properties, you will find a Physics Properties button not in the normal APCD.
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

thanks Stephen. I'll give it a go.

Can I just put the files in my APCD folder?

many thanks

Peter
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I believe there is a text file with it that tells you what to do. Just make sure it's in a separate install of APCD.
gator

Post by gator »

ponkey wrote: April 30th, 2020, 10:53 pm thanks Stephen. I'll give it a go.

Can I just put the files in my APCD folder?

many thanks

Peter
Try this first:
gator wrote: November 18th, 2019, 5:39 pm I'm certainly no expert in the APCD as I can barely open it and open a course to have a look around, so take my observations with that in mind.

When you open the APCD the file dropdown looks like this:
APCD original.jpg
APCD original.jpg (40.25 KiB) Viewed 4794 times

In the folder where you installed the APCD, there should be a file with the name ApcdRC.dll. Rename that file (ApcdRC-old.dll or whatever). Copy the ApcdRC.dll from the clone tool file I uploaded into your APCD folder. You may want to have an entirely separate APCD installation for this purpose. Once you have copied the "clone tool" dll and then open the APCD, the file dropdown now looks like this:
APCD w clone dll.jpg
APCD w clone dll.jpg (34.82 KiB) Viewed 4794 times

The directions that accompany the clone tool may now make a little more sense.
gator

Post by gator »

What I posted above is part of the document file I added to the clone tool before I uploaded it last Fall. I did not create the tool nor did I write the original instructions just offered them up here when it was requested.
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

Thanks gator

I'll give that a go with a new installation of APCD

many thanks

Peter