hi-res textures (1024x1024)

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
pmgolf

hi-res textures (1024x1024)

Post by pmgolf »

Where would someone look to find some hi-res textures? I have yet to find very many of them? Does everyone make their own? How?

Thanks,
Pete
Danny D

Re: hi-res textures (1024x1024)

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: March 30th, 2020, 12:52 am Where would someone look to find some hi-res textures? I have yet to find very many of them? Does everyone make their own? How?

Thanks,
Pete
Here's a great place to start Pete. Lez was kind enough to share his textures for these 8 courses.

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=351
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Danny D

Re: hi-res textures (1024x1024)

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: March 30th, 2020, 12:52 am Does everyone make their own? How?

Thanks,
Pete
Hi Pete

You can make your own if you are somewhat knowledgeable with using Photo Shop. The most difficult part is blending the outer edges together to where they will tile together and not show the seams. If you use Photo Shop, I can point you to the process and describe what has to be accomplished, if you are interested. A 1024x1024 hi-res texture will make up a 16' x 16' patch of earth on an APCD plot, so it has to tile every 16 feet. The hardest part for me, and most others, is to create a texture that doesn't show the tiling in the game.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added