Wakonda Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Re: Wakonda Club

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Hey Danny!

Just came to say to you congratulations! By for the snaps you posted here I've always knew it would be "The Synphonic Course" and
wasn't wrong at all! I've just played my first round on it and also after worked out a settings problem with my monitor which didn't let me
play Links in 1920x1080 before, so with the displaying changes that it means and the awakening to 1920x1080 with your Wakonda was
an experience!

A very worth waiting! Cheers, thanks and may the APCD be with you always!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Wow.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

PS. And I've missed to mention the attention to detail as someone said before. I think that the GREATEST experience much of the times is mostly given by the chosen and carefully made circling details and context than the subject itself!

Down a wonderful and beautiful path everyone will always walk better... At least that's my point of view and this course match perfectly with that. Sorry for the multiple posts!

Cheers everyone!
Last edited by Obi Wan Kenobi on March 6th, 2020, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"
Fatmouth Jones

Post by Fatmouth Jones »

Great job Dan! Thanks to you and everyone who helped to bring this course to LC. I was looking forward to playing it again before I was done playing it the first time!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Thanks a lot everyone for the nice compliments. Glad you like the course. :tiphat: As you can tell, the hills and fairway slopes make for a lot of blind shots and course management decisions, so it takes a few rounds to get to know how to play each hole. Learning the course will go a long way in improving your scores. Have fun and enjoy!

My next project will be to help Eric Dorsey (dorse) out with Colonial. I'll be replacing the textures on it and adding seam blending to bring it up to today's APCD standards. Not sure how long it might take, but wish me luck.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Amazing - thank you very much.
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Wish you luck.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Very well done! Thank you.
No matter where you go, there you are.
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

Dan just got done playing Wakonda and the course plays terrific I really enjoyed the blind shots and the course looks so realistic great job well worth the wait looking forward to Colonial
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Dan I played it for real for the first time finally, and well sadly any impressions from my round were overshadowed by the fact that I played horribly! I think I might be out of practice, have been spending a lot more time with APCD than actually playing Links lately. Only 5 hit fairways and even somehow managed a HUGE miss-hit on 8th to end up on someone's private lawn! :fear: Please dont tell anyone. When I finally thought I'd started playing well on the last few holes I somehow turned my 1.1 meter birdieputt on 18th into a 3 putt :wallbash: as if fate (really, I only blame myself) sternly was set on not allowing me to get away with any positivity :laugh: Ah it wasnt altogether bad, still managed to enjoy the round for the most part anyway, but it sure made it quite difficult to feel fairly how I like the course this time around. Next time will use in my Career Mode and be sure to play better, and I think with some challenging pins it should play spicy. Sorry to not have anything better to say, but really great work with the quality course :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...