Hamilton Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Re: Hamilton Beta

Post by braden1308 »

If things keep going this well I will have the final out early next week before the tournament. Thanks everyone! When I put out the final the thanks will come out to those who have some hand in this release.

Glenn
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Glenn-amazing job. As far as playability is concerned the course punishes errant shots and plays like an open course should.

The only things missing are the clubhouse (you knew that coming-it's a rather standard elegant wooden design-as opposed to St. George's :clapping: ) and tournament objects (like the fans sitting behind 18) and the Rink Hole with a Zamboni. Here's a link to a Zamboni-it marks Canada's equivalent of 16 at Phoenix.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... vt=zamboni

Would it be possible to put the Canadian Open flags on the pins for the tournament? I'm not sure how many Linksters need to see the Final version before the actual tournament (there was a frost warning last week).

If the PGA wants to play the Canadian Open using winter rules (meaning ice and snow) there are a few Canucks who would be ready...along with their trusty Zamboni.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

BTW those houses behind the first green were a nice touch and the water on 4 seemed to be a little more "detailed" than regular water.
If you're still planting sounds there's a major highway just across that water along with an off-ramp.
Pete

Post by Pete »

3 rounds played beautiful rendition maybe 2d club house possible?
Titus

Post by Titus »

Great rendition of Hamilton,
I've already played the Alpha, what a great change, a brilliant achievement.
I didn't find any errors.
Great job, please don't change anything, thanks Glenn

Titus
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Pete wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:29 am 3 rounds played beautiful rendition maybe 2d club house possible?
Hey Pete-that's my line!
It's actually a "conventional" clubhouse with one great tournament addition-the small rise between the 18th green and the clubhouse is always packed with fans.
Anyway, the Beta is exquisite!

Just wondering-how many of you are playing a "live" season where every club has to be ready for the current week's' tournament? I'm guessing that the answer is pretty cloze to zero so there's really no pressure to release the Final yet-the Beta is practically a perfect rendition anyway!
BTW-I posted a picture of a Zamboni machine in case one night somebody decides to get a little crazy with tournament objects! :whistle:

By the way-try hitting OB right on Number 4...I don't believe that I've ever seen that water texture! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clapping: :clapping: :yes: :yes:

Anyway Mr. B, this as close to an "ace" as I've seen...between Hamilton, Glen Abbey and St. George's Golf Canada's definition of ""national" Canadian Open is pretty much covered...
Of course there's always Oakdale (where Nick Taylor "Brought it Home"...) :whistle:
Last edited by Jimbo on May 28th, 2024, 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I'm blown away. Just awesome.

Thank you Glenn and everyone who worked on this course, its beautiful and an incredibly fun round and reminds me of home.

The course is a fantastic rendition and played well, I had no issues even when I went way off course, the level of detail is amazing. I loved being able to play out someone's backyard, and imagined it's probably one of my old professors from McMaster lol.

When I was done I was ready to drop down the mountain to the Beer Store by Dundurn and Aberdeen for a few cold ones :cheers1:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

ColinC wrote: May 28th, 2024, 1:37 am I'm blown away. Just awesome.

Thank you Glenn and everyone who worked on this course, its beautiful and an incredibly fun round and reminds me of home.

The course is a fantastic rendition and played well, I had no issues even when I went way off course, the level of detail is amazing. I loved being able to play out someone's backyard, and imagined it's probably one of my old professors from McMaster lol.

When I was done I was ready to drop down the mountain to the Beer Store by Dundurn and Aberdeen for a few cold ones :cheers1:
:cheers1: