How many golf courses in the USA

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

How many golf courses in the USA

Post by sagevanni »

Trivia answer.............There are over 17,000 golf courses in the USA.
I thought it was more but that is still quite a number.

There are 38,864 in the world...............That means almost half the worlds courses are in the USA...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
dorse72

Re: How many golf courses in the USA

Post by dorse72 »

and I have a feeling ur going to try and do them all! :cheers1: :laugh:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
KennyD

Post by KennyD »

I live near Mansfield TX. There is a course in Mansfield named Walnut Creek Golf Club whose holes meander throughout the neighborhood. I have passed by it a number of times and looked at it on Google maps and thought it might be an interesting course to play. I don't know how designers pick a course to design but if someone is looking for one, they should take a gander at this one. I am a computer golfer only, not a designer, and have never played real golf. You designers are awesome and have given me many hours of enjoyment. Thanks

Ken
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I'll give you a tip, Kenny. Something important that designers look for when trying to decide whether or not to do a course: Anything like a flyover of every hole. Having that makes the job much easier. It allows them to see all the details (elevations, plantings, etc.) for all the holes. If they can't get out and play the course, it's the next best thing!

Also, go to a golf course, rent some clubs, visit the driving range and then play a round of golf. I was sold on golf after that first round, and wound up playing it for more than 50 years! It's hard to describe how good it feels to hit a well-struck golf shot!

Pete