Slow rendering

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Titus

Re: Slow rendering

Post by Titus »

Titus wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:11 am
I don't know which nvidia driver he uses, but I'm sure it's an older one. (Edit - he has nvidia driver 536.23 - WHQL)
I would try this nvidia driver 536.40 - WHQL.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

If you can afford it Pancho upgrade your video card to at least a 3 series I think this will help you with your rendering. And get rid of the Voodoo you should not need it.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Daniel, I was running Links fine with a GTX 750Ti 2GB, but when I built my PC for future use with Links I upgraded my Video card to the nVidia GTX1050Ti 4GB, and I have had no video problems with Links since. Of course, I never had any problems with the 750 either. Links 1.07 doesn't put any stress on the Video part of my system - a desktop. TomsHardware gives the GTX1050Ti 4GB high ratings so I think attention is being mis-directed to say it might be causing the problem. More likely it's Microsoft or Intel that's doing it.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I might suggest getting rid of Voodoo (already mentioned in this thread), install the Nvidia patch (http://linkscoursefiles.co.uk/patches/L ... aPatch.zip), and update the video driver (available from the Nvidia website).
No matter where you go, there you are.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

pmgolf: You never said what OS you are using is it XP, Windows 7, Vista, 8, 10 or 11. I understand what you are saying about Video Cards you may well be right. It could be Microsoft or Intel. Pancho check how much spare space you have on your C: Drive that can slow things up if it is nearly full. Maybe I am getting to old lol for all this Computer stuff. I am having to go :bookh: up on it all over again.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I understand completely, Daniel. I have to remind myself that I''m 78 and some of the facts I'm depending on may be a bit dated. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro for my main computer - my backup computer with the nVidia GTX750Ti card is Windows 7.

Pete