PGA West Stadium Course - REDO

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

Re: PGA West Stadium Course - REDO

Post by Pete »

No problems for me on all betas on 18 Sage
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Sounds good, thanks Pete............... :smile:

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
AGLZZ

Post by AGLZZ »

I just played several rounds with no problems. Don
leftybob

Post by leftybob »

Thanks to SageVanni for his efforts. On January 18th ,I made a request in this course forum for someone to redo PGA West stadium course. Sage almost immediately took that up and enlisted the help of many others including Glenn Braden et al to create this course.
Well done gentlemen!
The course looks very realistic. From the shape and contours of the fairways, greens, and bunkers, including the dormant rough with the over-seeded fairways and greens, and the surrounding Panorama, it looks very much like the actual PGA West stadium course.
The dormant rough makes it look like it does when the PGA tour plays there in January.
I tried out the beta version a few times and now will continue to do so with the final version which has just been released.
Thanks again to all of you who took part in creating this and especially to Sage for taking it on to begin with.
I am sure many of us will enjoy playing it

I am wondering if anyone Else has noticed the similarities between TPC Sawgrass stadium course and PGA West stadium course done by Pete Dye? The two back nines have exactly the same number of par threes, fours, and fives, and are all in exactly the same order. Of course, par 5 number 16, followed by Island green par 3 ,Number 17 and, lastly, number 18 which is a right to left par 4, With water all down the left side. I guess he liked TPC Sawgrass the stadium course so much that he wanted to replicate it PGA West stadium course.
Thanks again to everyone who brought this PGA West stadium course to reality for us linksters
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

I just finished round on most recent version of course. I hit over #17 green into rocks there and lie was said to be deep grass.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I looked at it in the APCD and there is an area between green rough and the rocks that has some "dry yellow grass-5". It probably represents the scrubby dry grass that you find in rocky areas like that. It's in the deep grass category. Did it let you play out of it? Here is the area in question:
s_PGAWest H17 green area.jpg
s_PGAWest H17 green area.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 387 times
Pete
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

I just checked out chipping from several areas around hole #17 in practice mode and each time placed ball on rocks or pointed direction in which to hit at being a rock---always said deep grass and never had a rocky lie.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Sounds like something that needs further study.

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

This is the reason a beta is released. I wish this type of issue would have been found earlier. It's only been out now for over 1-2 months. :rant:

The area in question is a very wide seam blend. I choose between the look of the area and labeled the properties backwards. I change the properties.
blend.JPG
blend.JPG (149.11 KiB) Viewed 339 times
blend1.JPG
blend1.JPG (104.07 KiB) Viewed 339 times
I will wait for more issues to come in before I release ANOTHER final.

Sage........ :mad:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Any more issues to note on this course? :dunno:

Sage....... :kicking: