Upgrading from W10 to W11

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Ian Wells

Upgrading from W10 to W11

Post by Ian Wells »

I have just upgraded my laptop from W10 to W11 because I thought it may solve a problem I had, - it didn't.

With W10, Links worked perfectly using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, but after upgrading Links would only select the Intel UHD Graphics and as a result I had no sky. I have spent 2-3 hours trying to correct it based on what information I could gather from this forum and the internet. I uploaded Links again and ran the patches but there was no difference. I configured the Nvidia Control panel to use Nvidia for Links, but again there was no difference.
I admitted defeat and downloaded the Didgeridoo application that Andy set up, and the skies are showing as normal, (but no translucent shadows).
Knowing what I now know I wouldn't have upgraded to W11. I have Links on my all-in-one computer running W11, but this only has 512MB ATI AMD Radeon Graphics. No UHD Graphics chip.

As I only run Links to check my courses as I build them, and that is normally on the all-in-one, not having translucent shadows is not a problem, but I just thought this information may be useful for other members.

Ian