Nvidia Game Ready vs Studio Drivers

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
GoBucks

Nvidia Game Ready vs Studio Drivers

Post by GoBucks »

In opening, let me state that Links is the ONLY game that I play.

Has anyone ever used the Studio drivers as opposed to the Game Ready drivers? Just curious.
From what I gather, the studio driver gets tested more thoroughly than the game ready before release. There may be a difference in release versions, but they seem to be basically the same.

Was just wondering, before I vacated this rabbit hole, if anyone had any experience?
No matter where you go, there you are.
GoBucks

Re: Nvidia Game Ready vs Studio Drivers

Post by GoBucks »

GoBucks wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 1:40 pm In opening, let me state that Links is the ONLY game that I play.

Has anyone ever used the Studio drivers as opposed to the Game Ready drivers?
I guess the answer would be no.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Anyone able to explain what "Game Driven" and "Studio Driven" drivers are and what impact that might have on the hardware a gamer is using?
I've been playing Links 2003 since it was released here in Canada in Sept 2002. I have used Many versions of Windows through 12 different PC's (Desktops and Laptops) over the years. During that time period I had only minor problems on desktops until windows 11, my Laptop gave up the ghost on Links at Windows 10 when I was unable to get it to select the Nvidia Card and it always defaulted to the basic onboard Video, which could not run Links.
Thanks in advance :cheers1: , any comments would be appreciated, Dave. :wallbash:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

"Game Ready"' and "Studio" drivers are what Nvidia calls their vidio drivers. They are essentially the same drivers. The "game ready" drivers are released faster with less testing (from Nvidia's website) in order to keep up with game releases. The "studio" drivers undergo more testing to satisfy the higher-end graphical needs. They are the same drivers. One just gets released earlier.