The Golf Club at Black Rock Final

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: The Golf Club at Black Rock Final

Post by Ian Wells »

Pete,
The quality of Linksters contour maps of the greens is excellent, and although time consuming to build, I believe it provides a more realistic representation of the actual greens.
Here is the detail of the 14th:
TGC_BR_Green14.png
TGC_BR_Green14.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 709 times
Ian
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That's amazing, Ian. You can really tell the ground is different by the movement of the ball. And I recently found that by setting the minimum ball size to "Large" in "Game Settings", you can watch the ball's movement in the Top Window. The game is 30+ years old now and I'm still discovering new things! :clapping:

Pete
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Finally found time to play this course. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the experience. Lots of bogies+birdies kept my score near par, just the kind of round I prefer. Possibly my favorite Ian Wells course, but I'm not sure that's possible, they're all so good. Thank you for the time/effort into making this to everyone involved.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

David,
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed it.
Possibly my favorite Ian Wells course,
A little surprised with that, but very happy.

If I had to rate my courses based on the enjoyment of building the course, it would probably be:

Wade Hampton (The first is always special)
Victoria National
Pasatiempo
Crooked Stick
Peachtree
Mountaintop
Black Rock

I look forward to your comments on Gozzer Ranch Golf and Lake Club, when it is completed.

The fact that I enjoy building a course in no way indicates that the course is enjoyable to play, that is for the golfers to decide.

Thank you for your comments,
:tiphat:
Ian
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Re. it (possibly) being my favorite of yours might be influenced by my high regard for Jim Engh designed golf courses. While I've only played one of his, Tullymore Golf Course: https://www.tullymoregolf.com/golf/tullymore/ IRL, but it was a highly memorable experience. The character of that one could be seen (in my mind) while playing Black Rock in Links.

Looking forward to Gozzer Ranch along with so many others from Sage, Glenn, Adelade, etc. I feel very fortunate to STILL be getting new courses like this for such an old game (which I first played in the early 90's, I think).