SUPER SUNDAY

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

SUPER SUNDAY

Post by Jimbo »

The San Diego Open was originally scheduled to end on the Saturday (hence the Wednesday start) to avoid conflict with the Super Bowl.
It's now time to move the Phoenix Open. San Diego could move to "Regular Dates" if they eant, but Phoenix will be in trouble, especially if the NFL decides to play the game there.
It' would be as close as Phoenix comes to "being in" the Super Bowl...😀
JimEvers37

Re: SUPER SUNDAY

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

If I remember correctly, since CBS has the broadcast rights of both the AFC Championship Game and the Farmers Insurance Open, they move up the start day to Wednesday for the golf tournament so that Jim Nantz can fly into the site of the AFC Championship Game on Sunday. Then in 2 weeks the Big Game, which also happens to be on CBS this year doesn't kick off until 6:30 pm. The Waste Management Open is on NBC this year, the final round of the Waste Management Open starts a few hours earlier on Sunday so that the golfers (like Phil) can get their bets in before the game starts.

Jim
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

JimEvers37 wrote: January 24th, 2024, 4:41 am the final round of the Waste Management Open starts a few hours earlier on Sunday so that the golfers (like Phil) can get their bets in before the game starts.

Jim
Doesn't affect Phil, since he is no longer eligible for PGA sanctioned events.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

JimEvers37 wrote: January 24th, 2024, 4:41 am Jimbo,

If I remember correctly, since CBS has the broadcast rights of both the AFC Championship Game and the Farmers Insurance Open, they move up the start day to Wednesday for the golf tournament so that Jim Nantz can fly into the site of the AFC Championship Game on Sunday. Then in 2 weeks the Big Game, which also happens to be on CBS this year doesn't kick off until 6:30 pm. The Waste Management Open is on NBC this year, the final round of the Waste Management Open starts a few hours earlier on Sunday so that the golfers (like Phil) can get their bets in before the game starts.

Jim
I KNEW IT!!! :rant: JIM NANTZ GETS HIS REVENGE (I KNOW THAT THIS POST BELONGS ELSEWHERE BUT I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF)!!!

DAMN YOU JIM NANTZ! :rofl:

...just because I misspelled his name... :oops:
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

Just tuned into the Farmers Insurance Open, you buddy Jim Nantz is working the event remotely from M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. I feel foolish for presuming that he would fly to Baltimore from California. I remember Bob Cole calling hockey remotely during a Winter Olympics many years ago, I just don't remember if he was calling a game over in Nagano from Toronto or calling the game in Toronto from the Olympics in Nagano.

Jim
dko

Post by dko »

The real reason the Farmers finished on Saturday was ratings and ratings alone. However meager the PGA Tour TV ratings can be, they would be virtually nonexistent on Sunday.
Doug