WC Links

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Daniel

WC Links

Post by Daniel »

I have been playing a course called WC Links it is a great looking sea shore course and great to play. McCoist made it but it is discontinued, It would be nice if McCoist gave his permission for it to be put up again for others to play if possible.He could have changed the name of the course if so what did he rename it. A very very nice course :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
ChuckH

Re: WC Links

Post by ChuckH »

Daniel. I think that it's already here. There's a course called West Coust Links by McCoist. Regular and tourney editions.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

West Coast Links is great, but it has a problem. On most of the pin positions, multiple pins were placed where 1 pin should go, making it difficult to select pins. Here is an example from the first green.
WestCoastLinks hole 1.jpg
WestCoastLinks hole 1.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
Pete
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

pmgolf wrote: January 20th, 2024, 11:41 pm West Coast Links is great, but it has a problem. On most of the pin positions, multiple pins were placed where 1 pin should go, making it difficult to select pins. Here is an example from the first green.

Pete
There was update the Tourney edition.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2157
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thank you guys for the info much appreciated.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

badgolfer1 wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:34 am
pmgolf wrote: January 20th, 2024, 11:41 pm West Coast Links is great, but it has a problem. On most of the pin positions, multiple pins were placed where 1 pin should go, making it difficult to select pins. Here is an example from the first green.

Pete
There was update the Tourney edition.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2157
I know that and you know that, but maybe others might not have known it. :smile:

Pete
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

Course Notes:
Back in early June, McCoist asked me to look over his beta design WC Links. I sent him my observations and offered my help with planting sounds and other additions. With his agreement, West Coast Links was posted at the end of July, 2013. After working on WC Links the idea for a West Coast Tournament Edition was born. Although the design is fictional, my goal was to bring in as much realism as possible for a Western Scottish coastal theme by using Chanonry Point, Scotland.

West Coast Links is a great design to be involved with and I'm grateful Adrian asked me to assist in this project. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did working on it. I know I'd want to play round or two; if it only existed.

Regards, Zeke

McCoist wrote��.
�Awesome work bud, thanks much for all your help, with West Coast Links Tournament Edition. Thanks Zeke for all the tournament and 2D objects, crowds planted, sounds, hole previews, tees/tee markers and rerouting of tee's, great work Zeke".

BY THE WAY THE TOURNEY EDITION PLAYS 500 YARDS LONGER. THE ZEKE GUY MCCOIST MENTIONS IS ZEKE SEIDEL, WHO DID A COUPLE OF COURSES OF HIS OWN---HOBO'S VALLEY AND SASQUATCH CROSSINGS.