Forum upgrade

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Andy
Site Admin

Forum upgrade

Post by Andy »

With extreme trepidation, I am preparing to upgrade the forum software as it is 8 versions out of date. :helpsmilie:

During the upgrade, the forum will be inaccessible .

Keep your fingers crossed! :fear:
Nees

Re: Forum upgrade

Post by Nees »

The upgrade seems to have been performed successfully - thanks!
chad

Post by chad »

Looks good here :cheers1: :thumbup:
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

Looks like fix was done correctly even though seeing forum site saying currently unavailable still. Had seen another site that stayed up listing courses only where there was no discussion forum and see here Andy mentioning could add courses probably at that site. https://linkscorner.org/courses/
Another site for courses lists them all for when they were first put out including the MS ones to start off. Interesting to see original Mauna Kea, 2 versions out in 2001 for purchase and each version only were 1.4 MB slightly less than Colin Jones version 205.2 MB for his recent course release.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... chType=All
Last edited by badgolfer1 on January 12th, 2024, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

Phew!
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Fingers crossed!

Pete
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Well done Andy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

badgolfer1 wrote: January 11th, 2024, 5:55 pm Looks like fix was done correctly even though seeing forum site saying currently unavailable still. Had seen another site that stayed up listing courses only where there was no discussion forum and see here Andy mentioning could add courses probably at that site. https://linkscorner.org/courses/
Another site for courses lists them all for when they were first put out including the MS ones to start off. Interesting to see original Mauna Kea, 2 versions out in 2001 for purchase and each version only were 1.4 MB slightly less than Colin Jones version 205.2 MB for his recent course release.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... chType=All
Just checked internet site and is as was when good previously---no problema.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Phew, that was a struggle. :pcwhack:

I always find these upgrades a struggle as the forum software writers seem to talk a different language to me.

My first attempt to follow their instructions resulted in nothing but error messages which meant nothing to me.

Anyway, after doing a bit of research, I tried a different method of upgrading, basically deleting everything apart from the database, installing the latest software version and crossing my fingers.

Hooray, it worked. :kicking:

I do however need to do some tweaks to get the top of the page looking as it used to. Does anyone by chance have a screenshot of what the forum looked like before I broke it?

Andy
fiver

Post by fiver »

The heading looks pretty much the same as it was before. Your good.