Animasters Website Shutdown????

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Big Sexy JC

Animasters Website Shutdown????

Post by Big Sexy JC »

It looks like the animasters website is no longer. It's been down for a couple of weeks and I thought it was just an outage, but is looking like it's permanent. Anybody heard anything?
gator

Re: Animasters Website Shutdown????

Post by gator »

My link to their forum page still works. There hasn't been any activity there since August 2020 though. The forum page does have a download section with a few items available.

All of my other saved links to that site fail.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

gator,

Do you mind posting the forum link? I've heard about that forum and never been on it. Do you need an account? I think I've tried to setup an account and couldn't get anyone to approve/authorize it. Wouldn't mind seeing what the downloads were.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

This link worked today, JC:

https://www.linksanimasters.com/

Pete
LinksAnis

Post by LinksAnis »

Sorry there there is an issue with the database the site always used so I've had to disable that part and do some editing of files to get the site live again.

I don't have Links installed any more and have just kept the domain live in case people wanted stuff/ info.

The sheer volume of spam the email gets has meant I don't monitor it very often.

If anyone wants to join the forum drop me a PM and I'll add you manually.

Good to see there is still interest in the game.

Pete
gator

Post by gator »

Here is the login page - https://linksanimasters.com/forum/login/, but you will have to PM LinksAnis(Pete) to get a login as there is no option on that page to create an account.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

LinksAni (Pete),

PM sent requesting forum access.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Pete,

A huge thanks for getting me setup on the old animasters forum. I feel like I was able to go back in a time machine reading through that forum. It's like I already knew the end of the story (present day) and was filling in the pieces of the puzzle as I read. I think I spent like 3 straight hours on it after I got the account setup.

I still have some questions I'd love to get with you on based on some things I read. Some of my questions were answered, but they only spawned new questions. I'd gladly take that conversation offline if you are willing to get with me.