Riviera CC - early look

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
dorse72

Riviera CC - early look

Post by dorse72 »

going to disappear for awhile to build some kitchens, heres a quick look at my next project, I started this in 2006! I'm alot further than I remembered, maybe can get a quick beta out for the tourney coming in next Spring. love this course, greatest bunkers ever...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0t7KJw7WL/
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-11-07 085816.jpg
Screenshot 2023-11-07 085816.jpg (179.96 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
Riviera - early look.jpg
Riviera - early look.jpg (144.13 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
Jimbo

Re: Riviera CC - early look

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Dors-IHete's some info from somebody's who has attended the tournament and has visited the club when the tournament wasn't on.

First of all almost all private clubs will allow you to visit (although not necessarily come in) if you call in advance and dress appropriately. (that's how I got me collection of scorecards and club golfshirts (don't tell my wife😄)
Of all the clubs I've visited 99% were congenial, even if I wasn't allowed into the members' section. I really had only one experience where, even though I had phoned ahead to get permission they really-j
didn't seem to want me there.

Anyway as far as Riviera goes the spectators' entrance is about halfway down the first fairway on the left-at the bottom of that BIG drop from the tee!. ..if you're going to include tournament objects.🙏

The spectators are bussed in, like they are at most tournaments.

Speaking of the first tee, it's located about a yard from the cement walkway directly in front of the pro shop (yes, I bought a shirt)...if you really want to get tecnical about the clubhouse.😄

One other thing-the practice area is very small and is located at the foot of the hill.

That's all for now (call it a "pre nitpick).😄
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

I've been here too fortunately enough, free-lance photographer for Dallas Morning News...photos from my trip on my Instagram, was there all week, amazing place.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

You win! :cheers1:

I wonder who are in those houses looking down? :yes: