Harding Park 1st look - all new 2Ds...uploaded

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duck Hook

Re: Harding Park 1st look - all new 2Ds...released!

Post by Duck Hook »

Looking forward to this. Really liked the green/fringe textures integrated with bunker sand.
Thanks mate

:cheers1:
T
dorse72

Re: Harding Park 1st look - all new 2Ds...uploaded

Post by dorse72 »

cool, its what you see on real courses right? along with the occasional fungus spots and brown patches, tried to put all that in there
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Utterly superb. :notworthy:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Ian
Pete

Post by Pete »

Brilliant work, hit my drive onto the cart path right of the 5th fairway & my free dop was a couple of hundred yards back of where it landed but some great work all around this course & many thanks for your efforts
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Terrific course. Plays really well. A welcome addition to the Links course library!

Pete
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Pete wrote: November 4th, 2023, 12:49 am Brilliant work, hit my drive onto the cart path right of the 5th fairway & my free dop was a couple of hundred yards back of where it landed but some great work all around this course & many thanks for your efforts
that is weird, not sure how I'd fix that. was thinking the cart paths were marked free drop except for the 'junction' sections.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I just played my first round and, even more than the course (which was great) I appreciated the "package" that came with it. In real life this course was, in effect "resurrected from the dead" in 2003. Thanks to Eric for another great "Real" course.
I noticed some different textures for rough and greens-did you do them yourself? (I'm too tired to go back through the posts). :sleep:
I understand that the President's Cup will be there in 2026-the only thing missing are spectators and tournament objects... :whistle:
Last edited by Jimbo on November 5th, 2023, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

its all on the beginning post, yes I made all the textures except for the rough, which was Curt Simm's from Wentworth. Presidents Cup in 2009, PGA 2020, rnds 1-3 pin sheet included, 2005 Amex Champ won by Tiger. Currently host the International Crown for LPGA, a match-play event, so you get a good look at it there. Lots of good PGA highlight videos on Utube.
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

I really enjoyed playing this course. I think I was attracted to the great contrast on it with the fairway color and the darkness of the tops of the cypress trees. The sprayed-out sand out of the bunkers was a great touch and the textures are top notch. Felt a bit like a spiritual relative of the original MSFT Valderrama which I also love. Cheers -
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

thanks, good to hear some reviews. A good comparison also on Valderama, a course that deserves a nice re-touch, though its much shorter and tighter. hard to remember playing it, might have to break it out and look at it again.