AUSSIE RULES

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

AUSSIE RULES

Post by Jimbo »

I know that there a couple of "Roos" in our group so I'm hoping that one of you can answer this question.
First of all we get one live game a week (on the west coast the time change is a wee bit less tiring 😫) plus one delayed broadcast so we don't have to stay up all night)

SO

Last night I watched Brisband and North Melbourne (live) playing at an unbelievably small ground somewhere near Adelaide and now I'm watching my Bombers (dressed in red🥸) playing Melbourne at the Adelaide
What's happening at Optus and the MCG? It looks like tonight's fixtures are unaffected.

Just w9ondering

And, I said earlier those all-red
Bomber unis are gawdawful!
Duck Hook

Re: AUSSIE RULES

Post by Duck Hook »

Jimbo, all the games were played in Adelaide. They called it "Gather round".
Similar to what the NRL has with their " Magic round", where all the teams play in Brisbane over 4 days
Last edited by Duck Hook on April 20th, 2023, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks Duck-but that Kangaroo-Bears game looked like it was played in somebody's backyard!
I know that they play at least one game in Darwin-do they have anything in Canberra or Tasmania?

SEE THE BOMBERS FLY UP...
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Sorry Jimbo, I don't know about Canberra or Tassie. I don't follow Aussie rules, rugby league is my game.
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

This is where they played the Kangaroos Vs Brisbane Lions game. A brand new stadium,
https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/summit-sports-park

The finals series is heating up. Collingwood Magpies and Brisbane Lions are both through to the preliminary finals awaiting their opponents from this weekends coming matches, Melbourne Demons Vs Carlton Blues and Port Adelaide Power Vs Greater Western Sydney (GWS) Giants.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Slattery wrote: September 11th, 2023, 9:41 am This is where they played the Kangaroos Vs Brisbane Lions game. A brand new stadium,
https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/summit-sports-park

The finals series is heating up. Collingwood Magpies and Brisbane Lions are both through to the preliminary finals awaiting their opponents from this weekends coming matches, Melbourne Demons Vs Carlton Blues and Port Adelaide Power Vs Greater Western Sydney (GWS) Giants.
My Bombers didn't exactly "fly up"...
:wallbash:
Jimbo

GRAND FINAL

Post by Jimbo »

"I believe that "screamer" describes last night's (Saturday afternoon's) game...congrats to both the Pies and Bears!
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

Congratulations to the Collingwood Magpies on winning the 2023 Grand Final.