Pin Grid TGA

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
SLucey

Pin Grid TGA

Post by SLucey »

Can someone attach the pin grid .tga file please. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

BTW, I'm sure at some point others have wondered this: Why didn't the APCD designers include the Green Analyzer as a tool in the APCD?
Danny D

Re: Pin Grid TGA

Post by Danny D »

SLucey wrote: February 11th, 2020, 11:37 pm Can someone attach the pin grid .tga file please. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

BTW, I'm sure at some point others have wondered this: Why didn't the APCD designers include the Green Analyzer as a tool in the APCD?
Hi SLucey...

I created a pin grid with a lot more pin-placement options than the one I originally saw. Each of the 3 colors (black - red - blue) contain almost 400 pin placements. Just apply it to each green, create a temporary planar for each one, and adjust them until the grid covers the surfaces where pins would be placed.

Hope that helped,

Dan

http://linkscoursefiles.co.uk/APCD/pingrid.zip

Andy. If others like this grid, perhaps you can add it to the file download page...
Last edited by Danny D on February 13th, 2020, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Nice one Danny. Will be ideal fro if I ever get a chance to design again :thumbup:
SLucey

Post by SLucey »

Danny D wrote: February 12th, 2020, 1:29 am
SLucey wrote: February 11th, 2020, 11:37 pm Can someone attach the pin grid .tga file please. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Hi SLucey...

I created a pin grid with a lot more pin-placement options than the one I originally saw. Each of the 3 colors (black - red - blue) contain almost 400 pin placements. Just apply it to each green, create a temporary planar for each one, and adjust them until the grid covers the surfaces where pins would be placed.

Hope that helped,

Dan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7hvr2corrm3e ... d.tga?dl=0

Andy. If others like this grid, perhaps you can add it to the file download page...
Thank you Danny, that worked perfectly.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

SLucey wrote: February 13th, 2020, 4:06 am Thank you Danny, that worked perfectly.
:thumbup: Glad to help. :tiphat:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added