Ryder Cup

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Old Duffer

Ryder Cup

Post by Old Duffer »

I would like to play along with the Ryder Cup. Any suggestions of a course to use?
ChuckH

Re: Ryder Cup

Post by ChuckH »

Yeah, me too. There is a course by John Brooks here at Links Corner called Marco Simone but it doesn't seem to be the same course that they're playing in the Ryder Cub. At least the scorecards are not the same. Maybe someone can clear that up. And on another note, someone in a practice round yesterday got a hole-in-one on a 400+ yard par four. With a 3 wood. This has got to stop. Every other sport that is played with a ball has a standardized ball. Don't tell me that the current ball is standarized for distance. What's next? A hole-in-one on a par five? My rant of the day. :smile:
Chuck
dko

Post by dko »

I read in one article that the hole is 376 Yards, and in another it's 302 yards. I believe the latter number as this course is known to have several short par 4's, but that's still a hell of a poke with a 3-wood.
Doug
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I'm sure the differences between the real course will soon be understood by all (with TV discussions), but what I heard is that the course was completely redone after it was chosen to host the Ryder Cup. Any Links courses would therefore be quite different. It looks pretty good though - doesn't it!

Pete
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

The Belfry :thumbup: