PHOTOSHOP vs ASHAMPOO

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

PHOTOSHOP vs ASHAMPOO

Post by Jimbo »

Is Ashampoo a viable alternative for somebody who really, really wants to be able to "Nit" what he "Picks"...withouy laying out big bucks for Mr. Gates.

I have Google Earth that includes elevations and have been trying to keep notes on Mr. Marwic's videos...but don't want to start something that I can't finish-at least not finish well-enough to release.
Big Sexy JC

Re: PHOTOSHOP vs ASHAMPOO

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Jimbo,

I've used Gimp as a free alternative to Photoshop for years. I'm not sure which Ashampoo product you are referring to, as I know they have a couple of photo related products, but Gimp is definitely robust like Photoshop if that's what you are looking for.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks Sexy-I'm taking this seriously!
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Photoshop has been owned and created under the Adobe umbrella and is the industry standard for some 20yrs. It IS NOT owned by Microsoft, that is a common misconception, google it. I was a professional photographer for 20 yrs and have been on PS for thousands of hrs literally for my photoshoots. It used to be expensive buying the software all at once, that has changed. the newer versions are amazing and you pay a $12 fee every month for access to it among the other software Adobe has. To dive into PS is a dive into the deep end, but there is SO much to you can do with it, I highly encourage it. Numerous pros on Utube show you the way for free also. I'll be releasing some 40 Mont Cypress trees cutout in PS soon, the extraction techniques are very powerful, but as always not one works perfect. more on that later if anyone is interested... I'm stunned by everyone avoiding it to use GIMP, which has come along way, but if your used to PS, its very strange.

this guy goes very fast and is hard to keep up with, so pause often, his work is amazing, and only 5 Million subs - https://www.youtube.com/@PiXimperfect/videos

I really like this guy too, goes slower - https://www.youtube.com/@PhotoshopTrain ... nel/videos
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

just a little sneak - this is the 'oil painting' filter from Photoshop I used on a photo I took while at Harding Park, this might be a splash screen - use it for a wallpaper if you'd like! now if Andy would let me post it normal sized :whistle:
Attachments
HP splash7.jpg
HP splash7.jpg (468.63 KiB) Viewed 570 times