Silvertip

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ColinC

Re: Silvertip

Post by ColinC »

This was a beautiful and really fun course to play, thanks so much for sharing with us. One of the things I really liked was how much the pano reminds me of the area. Here is a photo I took when driving through Canmore back in December.
PXL_20211210_195733175.jpg
PXL_20211210_195733175.jpg (2.72 MiB) Viewed 2350 times
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi John-you did one helluva job but I sent you a private email with some nit-picks...there's only one major issue and a few minor ones that you can decide what to do with-mostly how the height of the trees can hide the mountains when you get to the green-those Douglas Fir Trees are monsters!

Any please take a look at your PM before you release the real thing-and thanks again!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi John-just checking to see if you received my nitpick.

Jim
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Thanks for all the emails. Hove been busy on another course and also actually playing real golf again - but Storm Eunice has put paid to that for the time being!

Jimbo - I haven't actually got a decent image of the Clubhouse - any thoughts?

Cheers

John Brooks
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi John-I'll dig up some pics and e-mail them to you. Actually your basic design wasn't bad (just the positioning). Anyway, stand by. :thumbup:

A couple of years ago I bemoaned the lack of Canadian courses "in the bank". I may have spoken a little hastily! :oops:
With the addition of Silvertip we'll now have 3 courses within driving distance of Calgary-not to mention the Toronto area!
Speaking of the Toronto area, does anybody know the whereabouts of the Hamilton Beta? I had nitpicked Sage's version (mainly the you-know-what and crowds :whistle: )
I think he passed it off to another designer. I still have the Beta on my machine.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Your email is winging its way across the internet right now.
BTW, I'm rooting for Eve Muirhead! :clapping:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Jimbo wrote: February 18th, 2022, 6:20 pm Hi John-I'll dig up some pics and e-mail them to you. Actually your basic design wasn't bad (just the positioning). Anyway, stand by. :thumbup:

A couple of years ago I bemoaned the lack of Canadian courses "in the bank". I may have spoken a little hastily! :oops:
With the addition of Silvertip we'll now have 3 courses within driving distance of Calgary-not to mention the Toronto area!
Speaking of the Toronto area, does anybody know the whereabouts of the Hamilton Beta? I had nitpicked Sage's version (mainly the you-know-what and crowds :whistle: )
I think he passed it off to another designer. I still have the Beta on my machine.
I happen to have some very good pictures of the Hamilton clubhouse, both in tournament and regular setups. There's a good chance that it will be added to the "Canadian Open Rotation"...that's another issue... :wallbash:
MrT

Post by MrT »

Finally found some time to test/try this course. Played one round and find it enjoyable as most John Brooks' courses (John is like my Lonely Planet Guide to Golf Courses for without his courses, I very well would have never seen many and many of them).

The only thing that I thought could be improved (and it is more a suggestion than anything) is the resolution of the background. I play on a 27 inch display when I am at home and the quality of the panoramas is not truly great and they seem a bit washed out. On most courses I play the backgrounds are usually a picture with a higher resolution than the game itself. (Thinking of Banff Thompson Course 2018, I think) where the background left me in awe the first time I played that course. Here at times I felt the other way around.

Other than that I enjoyed it. At Mc/Mc it played fine. No balls running away. Hitting from rough not too difficult. Sand a bit more. Good job. Thank you.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

brooks2345 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 4:21 pm Thanks for all the emails. Hove been busy on another course and also actually playing real golf again - but Storm Eunice has put paid to that for the time being!

Jimbo - I haven't actually got a decent image of the Clubhouse - any thoughts?

Cheers

John Brooks
Hi John-there's a PM winging its way... :smile: