Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club - Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club - Beta

Post by Jimbo »

I've been out of the nitpicking business so far, trying to learn the nuances of APCD (and not having much time to experiment) but when I hear (or in this case see) the word "clubhouse" I get a warm, fuzzy feeling! :clapping:
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Mr. Wells,

Yes, I have always enjoyed the courses you design for Links and this one is certainly one of my favorites! :thumbup:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Ian,
I loaded up Links just to look at your Mountaintop course.
Fabulous job my man....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage................. :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

1PuttJeff,
Thank you, and my apologies for not replying sooner.
It is always nice to read that players appreciate a course. (It especially helps when I am experiencing a frustrating period with APCD)
:tiphat:

Sage,
Thank you. It's nice to know you still enjoy Links.
I hope all is going well, and that you are enjoying your "retirement".
All the best.
:cheers1:

Ian
gavo49

Post by gavo49 »

Hi Ian,

I downloaded your Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club course and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. Is a great course and thank you for making it available.

However I have run into a problem when trying to play it online multiplayer with my friend. After connection and selecting the course as it starts to load my friend receives a "This course is incompatible with saved game" error. It appears the error is generated for the person joining in multiplayer mode online for this course but whoever host's the game does not have this error.

Any idea what the problem could be as I would really like to play the course online.

Many thanks for any help
Gavo
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

gavo49 wrote: August 8th, 2023, 11:02 am Hi Ian,

I downloaded your Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club course and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. Is a great course and thank you for making it available.

However I have run into a problem when trying to play it online multiplayer with my friend. After connection and selecting the course as it starts to load my friend receives a "This course is incompatible with saved game" error. It appears the error is generated for the person joining in multiplayer mode online for this course but whoever host's the game does not have this error.

Any idea what the problem could be as I would really like to play the course online.

Many thanks for any help
Gavo
I see you're a first-time poster, so I thought I'd make a suggestion that might help. One of you may have a version of Mountaintop that doesn't match the other's version. Both of you need to go into the game, click "Options", and then "Course Manager". Select Mountaintop and click "View Course ID". One of you has an ID that doesn't match the other person's. If so, redownload it (both of you) and replace it in your /Links 2003/Courses/ folder. Then re-check the ID's again to be sure. (Also, make sure you only have one version of a course in your Courses folder!)

Please post here if this fixes your problem.

Pete
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hello Gavo49,
I often play Links2K3 online against my friends and know the problem.
As PM Golf said, it's almost certainly that you don't have the same version of the course.
This usually happens with us when the beta version and final version are close together.

So download the final version both again and have fun, an absolute top course to play, big thanks to Ian. :clapping:
gavo49

Post by gavo49 »

Hello pmgolf and Titus.

Thanks guys that was the problem. We both re downloaded and installed the course and all is working fine now.

Thank you very much for the assist :clapping: :cheers1:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Gavo,
I know nothing about the technical side of APCD/Links 2003, and even less about playing online. glad the problem is sorted.

I am pleased that you enjoy Mountaintop. It is always encouraging to the designer to learn that his/her efforts are being appreciated.
Thank you.
Ian