Hello, new member here

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
ryanl

Hello, new member here

Post by ryanl »

Good evening, just wanted to post a message to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I just joined a few weeks ago and have been lurking around and checking the site out, downloading some courses, and of course enjoying Links 2003.

I wish I had found Links 2003 a lot earlier. It is by far the best Golf Game I have ever played. I installed it on my computer about a year ago and did use some of the information from this site and others to get it up and running on Windows 10. I didn't join until recently because I want to start making some courses and upload them here. I've started on one and have been watching Lez Marwick's videos on YouTube.

I also want to say thanks to all of the designers that leave their courses unlocked, especially Sage Vanni and John Brooks. It is really helpful to bring up their courses to see how they do things. I'd be lost without their courses as references!

Anyway, I don't post to forums a lot, but I did want to drop and and say hello and thank you to all of the current LinksCorner members!

Ryan.
Danny D

Re: Hello, new member here

Post by Danny D »

ryanl wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:35 pmAnyway, I don't post to forums a lot, but I did want to drop and and say hello and thank you to all of the current LinksCorner members!

Ryan.
Welcome to Links Corner Ryan. Don't hesitate to ask questions about anything you might want to know on course creation. Always good to have more designers.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Welcome, glad you found the game and decided to introduce yourself :smile: I agree with Dan, ask a lot of questions.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the mention and I hope some of my courses give you an idea of the potential of APCD. There are certainly way better designers out there.

Again Thanks you.

And good Linksting and designing......!!!!!

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Welcome Ryan! Great to here Links can be found out there in the ether. Hope you get many years of enjoyment with both playing and designing. Looking forward to your first course. :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Welcome, Ryan! You also might want to check out the Links tournament site: www.LSPN.net. Glad to have you aboard!

Pete
karnaktwo

Post by karnaktwo »

Hi Ryan, welcome to the best golf sim ever. Glad to see you are interested in designing courses, you never know, you might be the next Sage Vanni or John Brooks!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Ryan:

Welcome aboard. I'd love to see you enjoy the designer tool like Sage and John. I've never had the patience for it but I'm a pretty good resource person if you want to try courses from the frozen north. :naughty: