US WOMEN'S OPEN

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Jimbo

US WOMEN'S OPEN

Post by Jimbo »

I don't know how many of you watched the action but, thanks to Charley Hall we need to create a new follow-through! :rofl:
Captain Nemo

Re: US WOMEN'S OPEN

Post by Captain Nemo »

Jimbo wrote: July 11th, 2023, 12:35 am I don't know how many of you watched the action but, thanks to Charley Hall we need to create a new follow-through! :rofl:
Jimbo: Too much ("Other") golf on; thus I didn't get a chance to watch the Ladies. However, I have always sort of 'fancied" Charlie Hall". So tell me, since (apparently) you can't show me with a link, will I "fancy" her even more if I see her follow-through?
Dave :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
dko

Post by dko »

Not to steal Jimbo's thunder, but I think this is the shot he's talking about (imbedded video in article.)

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/charle ... bbles-18th
Doug
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

It didn't register with me right away which shot you were talking about initially either, Jimbo. Thanks for sending the coverage clip , dko. I've always thought Ms. Hull was a pretty good player, but now she seems to be demonstrating her skills in more and more tournaments. She is definitely a "feisty", go for it type. Sometimes the gameplay on the LPGA is pretty exceptional.....and they visit venues that aren't on the PGA tour in most cases. :yes:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Like I said earlier I'm still planning to go to the mainland when the LPGA comes to Cancouver next month...probably on the Monday or Tuesday to be able to get more pictures of Shaughnessy so that I can do a proper nitpick.

Any other Linksters in the northwest? (or, to put it correctly, Canada's southwest?)
Bit Left

Post by Bit Left »

Jimbo: Too much ("Other") golf on; thus I didn't get a chance to watch the Ladies. However, I have always sort of 'fancied" Charlie Hall". So tell me, since (apparently) you can't show me with a link, will I "fancy" her even more if I see her follow-through?
Dave :cheers1:
Quite agree, Charlie is pretty "fancy-able". What makes the shot in question totally legion is the comment she made to her caddy while they pondered the possibilities - "Shy kids don't get sweets". Count on the commentators to explain what that meant in American. I think Charlie should do the Brooke thing and start a Brigade - silkscreen on the T shirts could read multiple variations of what she said.