Scoring how?????

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
karnaktwo

Re: Scoring how?????

Post by karnaktwo »

pmgolf wrote: March 7th, 2023, 4:34 pm
karnaktwo wrote: March 7th, 2023, 3:25 pm Been playing for 2 years??? I've played this great game since 1986 and real golf since 1975. In both cases I've improved in some areas, not in others. In Links I play RTS at elite level and usually have McMc conditions. Whoever first designed this game must geniuses at the level of Einstein. I've won a few tournaments in career mode but so far have been unable to get my winnings to my bank account--anyone any ideas how to do that? The designers creating these marvelous golf courses give us such a variety that getting bored simply doesn't exist. As in the real game my scores reflect current form sometimes good, sometimes not but in Links just at a different scoring level. -6 is very occasional, +2/3 relatively common but as in the real game the occasional good round brings you back.
We've been playing the same games for about the same amount of time, and I also play RTS. I run a Tour over at LSPN.NET called The World Tour, and I'd like to get more RTS players to participate. The 2 weekly tournaments use challenging conditions (1.07) and are handicapped. You're welcome to come join it and see what you think!

Pete
Thank you for your kind offer. I've never considered playing online and just recently, unfortunately, my lap top overheats and shuts down randomly. That wouldn't do if I was in the middle of a game. I'll have to see if I can get it fixed or I may need a new one and unsure if Windows 11 will run the game. I may come back to you on the subject. PS I don't know if the quotes thing to reply is correct so if not I apologise.
Chris.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That's ok, Chris, but if you get things sorted out, please give us a try.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

karnaktwo wrote: March 8th, 2023, 8:19 pm
unsure if Windows 11 will run the game..
Links runs just fine on my W11 desktop.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

GoBucks wrote: March 9th, 2023, 1:16 pm
Curious what system you have. Intel or AMD :unsure:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Danny D wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:17 am
GoBucks wrote: March 9th, 2023, 1:16 pm
Curious what system you have. Intel or AMD :unsure:

Dan
Dell XPS
Intel 11th gen
Nvidia GTX 1660ti

According to one poster on this site, Links and W11 will not co-exist with "new hardware", which has yet to be defined. And visually, according to same poster, Links doesn't look as good with W11 and Nvidia graphics. I don't agree, but I'm an old phart with mild glaucoma. :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
Bit Left

Post by Bit Left »

Just finished a John Irving book - The Last Chairlift. One of the characters was always "chiming in" on what her sister had just said. It was only after the first 400 pages or so that John was able to let go of that device. It was getting a bit treadworn.

So I'm chiming in, as I've just finished reading thru [Scoring how?????] (five question marks - impressive). I think it would make a good title for a book about our world and universe of Links Golf.

You guys are the best. There must have been a lot of snow to shovel back in February/March because I missed this discussion completely. As fate would have it I was probably more in need of your thoughts now than back then. I have been struggling of late to figure out how to keep the marriage with Links "alive". The scores have plateaued. Now what? You have given me some great thoughts, good ideas, and a dash of inspiration. My LOA from LSPN is of an undetermined duration. Credit for everything that happens in their part of the world too - just need to figure out how best I engage with it, if/when that time comes.

Cheers from the Smokey Hinterland.