Whistling Straits HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ghot

Whistling Straits HD

Post by Ghot »

Awesome course by Robert Miller, all except for hole 5.
There's a problem there somewhere. The wind is due east, the distance to the pin (2nd shot), is approx. 290yds.
Yet absolutely cannot reach the green with the D1 (driver), which for my character has a range of approx. 325yds..

On all other holes on the course, the wind, the distance, etc., is dead on accurate. Only hole 5 is broken.

I have no idea how to contact Robert Miller, or even if it's still possible to contact him. But I would like hole 5 fixed... PLEASE :)

DISREGARD. I just made it to the green with a good lie, and got the eagle.

Still.... the distance is seriously off. When the game tells me it's 288 to the pin, even with a slight tail wind, I have to hit like it's really 325 yds.
braden1308

Re: Whistling Straits HD

Post by braden1308 »

Rob hasn’t been involved with links for years so I would doubt he even has original unlocked version. He left links and got involved with perfect parallel and I don’t know if he is still involved in that or not.
MrT

Re: Whistling Straits HD

Post by MrT »

Ghot wrote: May 21st, 2023, 4:16 pm .................
Still.... the distance is seriously off. When the game tells me it's 288 to the pin, even with a slight tail wind, I have to hit like it's really 325 yds.
I would not expect a driver to hit the max distance when used in place of a W3 without the tee. I play at the Champion level and thus I get a bit more distance out of my clubs than playing at Pro. Out of curiosity, I went to that hole and tried probably 25-30 shots with the driver without a tee (second shot) and the distance was definitely shorter than using the driver to drive the ball (i.e. with a tee). If I play from the back tee, that hole for me is over 600 yards... still if you get a long driver with a favorable wind, it might be possible to get on green on the second shot. I came close but not quite. With my driver (without tee) the most I hit on those 25-30 shots was something like 275-280 yards instead of over 300.

Still I like it this way... Getting on green on 2nd on a 600+ yard par 5 seems a bit too much. Except perhaps in those occasions where there is a lot of tailwind. This is the only course I play always in Windy conditions because I was there in real life and the wind from Lake Michigan can be quite strong almost all the times.