Coming soon

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: Coming soon

Post by Ian Wells »

Glenn,
It looks very good, as do all your courses, and the timing of the release is perfect.

Well done. :clapping:

Ian
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Ian Wells wrote: April 30th, 2023, 5:11 am Glenn,
It looks very good, as do all your courses, and the timing of the release is perfect.

Well done. :clapping:

Ian
Thanks Ian, if I didn't have another course on a time restraint I would have done a little more with Oak Hill, but there is another tournament coming up in June and I need to get back to that course.

Glenn :thumbup:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Since there doesn't appear to be any data available for Oak Hill after the renovation, I will dvr some of the tournament and implement what terrain changes or fairway shapes that will need to be redefined.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

I played a couple of rounds and this is an excellent, excellent update. I like everything about it. I even like that the rough is very forgiving and it's possible to play shots out of it rather than hack-a-mole out of it to the fairway. Thanks for taking the time to do this before the Tournament. I'm guessing that the course in June you are referring to may be the Los Angeles CC for the US Open? Hoping anyway. Another great update would be Sean's Royal Liverpool for The Open.
Thanks again.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Sooner than that, ChuckH! Tournament details:

PGA Championship
May 18–21, 2023
Course: Oak Hill East Course

Watch on: CBS, ESPN

I'm scouting out pin positions on this beauty right now!

Pete
dko

Post by dko »

Glenn, the layout looks perfect and the hole yardages seem spot on based on a hole-by-hole description I saw online.

I know there are those that don't like the difficult rough you included in many of your prior course renditions (I happen to like the challenge, while realizing pros seem to handle regular tournament rough with ease), I saw the following quote from the course superintendent regarding the upcoming tournament:

"Corcoran said the only real difference between the course the members would ordinarily play and the one the PGA pros will play is the length and density of the rough. He keeps it penal but playable for the members, but for the pros it will be penal and penal."

I guess we'll see how it plays IRL soon.
Doug