Hello from a new member

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Ironman

Hello from a new member

Post by Ironman »

Hi All,
While I have just joined the group, I started playing LinksLS 97 with Arnold Palmer around 1997 with an old Windows 95 computer. My computer had 16Mb of ram and I installed and played in DOS because it crashed in Windows every time.
I have an old set of floppy disks with Pebble Beach that I never got installed. Can't remember why, but wonder if I should get a usb to 3.5 floppy disk machine. Not sure if old course version works on 2003 Links?
I started learning to use APCD about 7 yrs ago when I found Lez Marwick on YouTube. I have a local course, Hulman Links, in Terre Haute, Indiana mostly done. It's playable, but a lot of trees don't look right and most of the holes have the trees removed. I stopped working on it when I got a new job 5 yrs ago, but have started relearning the software and am currently working on a fantasy course.
pmgolf

Re: Hello from a new member

Post by pmgolf »

Welcome, Ironman! You'll find this crowd pretty quick to respond when you have a problem or even just a question. Before you worry with getting an external floppy drive, please check the library of courses here. They're free, and to get you started check the courses by Mike Jones, Robert Miller and Glenn Braden. The quality will blow your mind! Make sure to apply all the game patches up to the version 1.07 patch, and if you have a widescreen monitor, get all the widescreen options by doing the nVidia patch even if you don't have a nVidia video card.

Patches:
https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10

Pete
LSPN.NET Tour Director of the World Tour
Ironman

Re: Hello from a new member

Post by Ironman »

Thanks