Augusta National 2023

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Re: Augusta National 2023

Post by Danny D »

TampaEd wrote: March 31st, 2023, 6:20 pm You are well within your rights to lock your creation. However, as a rule, I NEVER play a locked course.
Hi Ed. Can I ask your reason for never playing a locked course? ? :unsure:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
TampaEd

Post by TampaEd »

Danny D wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:42 pm
TampaEd wrote: March 31st, 2023, 6:20 pm You are well within your rights to lock your creation. However, as a rule, I NEVER play a locked course.

Dan
Hi Dan,
I don't make any major changes to a course but I will usually change the splash and logo pictures and probably make some easier pin positions. I do understand if someone is protective of their creation they should lock the course; however, I play and have played Links since 1990 and the original Carver brothers game. If you are going to sell your course by all means lock it but if you are going to put it out as a free download then I have a problem.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

TampaEd wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 4:37 pm
Danny D wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:42 pm

Dan
Hi Dan,
I don't make any major changes to a course but I will usually change the splash and logo pictures and probably make some easier pin positions. I do understand if someone is protective of their creation they should lock the course; however, I play and have played Links since 1990 and the original Carver brothers game. If you are going to sell your course by all means lock it but if you are going to put it out as a free download then I have a problem.
I see. I'm not aware of anyone locking their courses here since the "pay" courses were stopped. I think you'll find that the locked ones were from that "pay for play" era.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

There are several "locked" courses in the "Latest 25 Additions" section. Am I not reading your above statement right?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Designers spend an extensive amount of time on their courses and some don't want others to alter anything. That's their right. It Ed doesn't want to play them, that's HIS problem! :rant:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

"Designers spend an extensive amount of time on their courses and some don't want others to alter anything. That's their right. It Ed doesn't want to play them, that's HIS problem!"

I Fully agree with Kunkleman on this. If someone wants to change something well - go right ahead and design their own. I am sure a lot of hard work went into these designs and if they want them locked because they treasure them - good. I am just so happy that they have uploaded so that all of us can enjoy their design. :yes:
TampaEd

Post by TampaEd »

Kunkleman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:39 pm Designers spend an extensive amount of time on their courses and some don't want others to alter anything. That's their right. It Ed doesn't want to play them, that's HIS problem! :rant:
I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE ONE THAT DOES NOT SHARE YOUR OPINIONS. DON'T WORRY WITH THIS COMMENT, I AM GONE FROM LINK'S CORNER FOR ALL TIME.
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

This thread has taken a strange turn. I can remember when the course locker came out and all designers locked their courses. I think it's great that some designers leave their courses unlocked for others to learn or grab textures.....

Obviously I fall in the camp of designers that share locked courses but I respect those that wish to lock their courses since they release the course to be played in Links and not played with in APCD.. Anyone remember the prices we paid for Access or even Microsoft courses that were locked?

Perhaps Tampa Ed is having a bad day, I've had many. I do hope he reconsider as I don't believe anyone was being disrespectful.

Daniel's been doing fantastic things with more to come I'm certain. Wonderful job!
Last edited by EJ55 on April 3rd, 2023, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

GoBucks wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:31 pm There are several "locked" courses in the "Latest 25 Additions" section. Am I not reading your above statement right?
Thanks GB. I was not aware of that. :thumbup:
Completed Courses
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Kunkleman wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 12:39 pm Designers spend an extensive amount of time on their courses and some don't want others to alter anything. That's their right. It Ed doesn't want to play them, that's HIS problem! :rant:
Agreed.
No matter where you go, there you are.