Online League?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Theauthor1997

Online League?

Post by Theauthor1997 »

Hello!
Newbie to the game here.
I wanted to get online and join a league or a tournament to play with other golfers. However, the main 2 I’ve found: ConnLinks and LSPN either have no way to make an account or haven’t replied to my emails in days. Does anyone know how to get into one of these, or if there is another I can join?
Thanks!
pmgolf

Re: Online League?

Post by pmgolf »

Hi theauthor1997. I run a Tour at LSPN.net, and you are certainly welcome there! Sometimes our Admin are slow to respond - they may not be around when you sign up. We are, admittedly, mostly a bunch of old guys, and things have slowed down over the years. I'm going to make a post in the main Forum there to let them know you're applying and waiting for an answer. Did you use the same logon-name when you signed on to join LSPN.NET? "Theauthor1997"? Can I post your email so they can communicate with you? If you wish to respond privately, send me a PM.

When you finish joining, send me a LSPN.net PM (pmgolf), and I will send you some info that will make it easier for you to get around on the site. The Tour that I run is The World Tour. We use challenging conditions, but if you prefer to use the pre 1.07 conditions, there are Tours for those, too.

Pete
Theauthor1997

Post by Theauthor1997 »

Thank you sir!
And yes, it is the same name, and you can share my email with them. I look forward to playing with y’all soon!
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I made the post at LSPN.NET. I don't have your email, but no one has asked for it yet. I'll keep you posted!

Pete
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

TheAuthor1997 - Send an email to Helpme@lspn.net and tell them you want to join LSPN.

Pete
Theauthor1997

Post by Theauthor1997 »

Just emailed them, thanks! What difficulty does the tour play on for in-game settings so I can practice appropriately?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

There is a competitive tour for every level of Links.

Pre-2003 courses (the early ones)

Mixed 2001 and 2003 era courses.

Post 2003 courses.

Pre 1.07 (patch) conditions (no "challenging" conditions - Breezy or no wind, Soft, Fast)

or using the 1.07 patch version with challenging conditions (examples: Breezy, Firm, Fast (challenging) or No Wind, Medium (challenging), Fast (challenging).

Also, you can join any Tours you want.

I run the "World Tour": Post 2003 courses and using the 1.07 patch to mix in the challenging courses.

Download this sample World Tour file (don't join Dropbox - just use it to download), Put it in your /Links 2003/ folder, double-click on it and a pre-set round will start - it doesn't send the results anywhere but on your PC)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjl2uvzwk7ozq ... c.LTS?dl=0

Pete